Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Public school teacher says Trump is the president, gets fired

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: Public school teacher says Trump is the president, gets fired

Post by Rate This » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:17 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:45 am
So, every history teacher that says Trump is the president will get fired too?

https://freebeacon.com/campus/mi-school ... president/

If I were this teacher, I would sue the school district steeeeeeeeeeeraight to hell!!!
I’d be willing to bet the union will get it back for him.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:52 pm

"I was required to meet with [human resources], the superintendent, and my principal [on July 10]. They initially took my statement on why I tweeted those tweets and they told me they would have a decision about my future employment in the upcoming days. When they completed the meeting, I was told I had the option to either be fired or resign." Kucera said.
I would like to see the other tweets he made. This doesn't add up and the website's owner is a PNAC guy who worked on McCain's campaign in 2008.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:58 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:52 pm
"I was required to meet with [human resources], the superintendent, and my principal [on July 10]. They initially took my statement on why I tweeted those tweets and they told me they would have a decision about my future employment in the upcoming days. When they completed the meeting, I was told I had the option to either be fired or resign." Kucera said.
I would like to see the other tweets he made. This doesn't add up and the website's owner is a PNAC guy who worked on McCain's campaign in 2008.
I would agree that Walled Lake (a Trump stronghold) wouldn't be doing this solely on that tweet.

Sometimes a good defense is offense.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:31 pm

He was canned because he was using his twitter which has @ WLCS and speaking from his twitter as an employee of the school district. He has other tweets in there that would be deemed controversial in nature coming from an employer. He would have been better off staying neutral or using his own personal platform although that seems to get you into trouble these days, depending on who sees it. The school district needed to distance themselves from him and they did. The only way he could have a case would be if others have said something anti Trump/political in nature from their "work" twitter and are still employed. He was a bit of a loose cannon on his work twitter and now suffers the consequences. Got to be smarter.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:36 pm

The second to last paragraph states that two teachers were involved in anti Trump activities and were not fired.

Thread Killer

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:42 pm

UP906 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:36 pm
The second to last paragraph states that two teachers were involved in anti Trump activities and were not fired.
I guess the question on that would be did they use the school district twitter to make those statements? If so, I would say he's got a case, If it was their personal twitter they are speaking for themselves.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:44 pm

Mr.Transistor wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:42 pm
UP906 wrote:
I guess the question on that would be did they use the school district twitter to make those statements? If so, I would say he's got a case, If it was their personal twitter they are speaking for themselves.
From what I understand, the one teacher made it part of her curriculum? I think the other was on Facebook?

Thread Killer

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:50 pm

UP906 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:44 pm
Mr.Transistor wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:42 pm
UP906 wrote:
From what I understand, the one teacher made it part of her curriculum? I think the other was on Facebook?
I guess what context did she use to tell students to read the book/article - how to beat Trump? If it was some kind of teaching tool in current affairs or something that might be difficult. The other one - don't quote me, I believe was from her personal account.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:56 pm

Well, to be fair, its good civic education to teach children that trump and his ilk are not how government works.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:58 pm

Personally, I don't care either way. It would be nice to keep politics out of the schools, but we all know that is impossible in this day and age. At the end of the day the political education will come from home and from life experiences. If a parent doesn't like their child having political discussions with a teacher of the opposite spectrum, then they need to do something about it on the homefront. If they choose to do nothing then they can only blame themselves.

Thread Killer

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:18 pm

If I read that tweet correctly, he merely stated a fact and did not voice an opinion one way or the other. How is that a fire-able offense?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:24 pm

km1125 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:18 pm
If I read that tweet correctly, he merely stated a fact and did not voice an opinion one way or the other. How is that a fire-able offense?
It was said in a way that could be construed as semi-angry supporter telling people to deal with it.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:31 pm

Well... at least they didn't take him out and beat him... probably because he isn't a woman.

Thread Killer

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:53 pm

UP906 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:31 pm
Well... at least they didn't take him out and beat him... probably because he isn't a woman.
Oh come off it already.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:07 pm

R Bedell wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:55 pm
Well, to be fair, its good civic education to teach children that trump and his ilk are not how government works.
We are now seeing the ObamaGate and his Ilk that condones it, being slowly revealed. Good Civics Lesson on Lies, Corruption, not following the law, all for political power.
That’s more a Mitch McConnell thing but thanks for playing.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic