Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 25 at 5:30p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Public school teacher says Trump is the president, gets fired

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
UP906

Re: Public school teacher says Trump is the president, gets fired

Post by UP906 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:43 pm

Well... that settles it then. /sarcasm

Thread Killer

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:17 pm

Not the MEA, these kind of things are handled by a local unit, the Walled Lake Education Association. The terms of their collective bargaining agreement would implore them to stand behind a member, regardless of his politics, in a situation like this. Not doing so jeopardizes their very effectiveness and reason for members to pay dues. The union's lack of action speaks volumes.
The Walled Lake Education Association is the local outpost of the MEA.

I would be STUNNED if the people calling the shots for the Walled Lake Education Association aren't dye-in-the-wool liberal Democrats who loathe Betsy DeVos, and by extension, Trump.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:41 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:17 pm
Not the MEA, these kind of things are handled by a local unit, the Walled Lake Education Association. The terms of their collective bargaining agreement would implore them to stand behind a member, regardless of his politics, in a situation like this. Not doing so jeopardizes their very effectiveness and reason for members to pay dues. The union's lack of action speaks volumes.
The Walled Lake Education Association is the local outpost of the MEA.

I would be STUNNED if the people calling the shots for the Walled Lake Education Association aren't dye-in-the-wool liberal Democrats who loathe Betsy DeVos, and by extension, Trump.
So he does something he shouldn't (and if the district won't talk about what it is then sure as hell don't expect the teacher to incriminate himself) and we cue up the Republican outrage machine because this can't be confirmed or denied. Seems kinda weak evidence to me.

Deleted User 13307

Post by Deleted User 13307 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:16 pm

The Oakland Press with some actual reporting on this (nice job).

https://www.theoaklandpress.com/news/wa ... 9d4ae.html

The teacher was on already on probation, was fired for failed sarcasm on Twitter, but then was offered his job back anyhow. Then he went public saying he was fired for saying that Trump was the President.

To me, it sounds like Walled Lake Schools are better off without this guy. And also why the union was silent on his departure.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:01 pm

Howard Jones wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:16 pm
The Oakland Press with some actual reporting on this (nice job).

https://www.theoaklandpress.com/news/wa ... 9d4ae.html

The teacher was on already on probation, was fired for failed sarcasm on Twitter, but then was offered his job back anyhow. Then he went public saying he was fired for saying that Trump was the President.

To me, it sounds like Walled Lake Schools are better off without this guy. And also why the union was silent on his departure.
I agree, that is actually very good reporting for a change. The guy was rightfully fired and you are correct WLCSD is better off without this guy hence is final departure. They don't just fire a guy for one tweet regarding Trump. They cannot comment on personnel matters and the union knows this in not one to go to the top of the hill and fight over. This guy was tweeting political nonsense on his school twitter, should have used his personal account, like I said before you got to be smarter. End of story.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:31 am

Political speech is protected, so he has an adequate opportunity to sue the district. Walled Lake Schools did jump a bit too hard at this guy's tweet.

Good luck to him, as he's probably not going to get a job in teaching soon.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:07 am

I agree they are way over sensitive.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic