Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Governor Whitmer strengthens Executive Order on masks

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Re: Governor Whitmer strengthens Executive Order on masks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:54 am

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:56 am

So, no link then?

Thread Killer

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:00 am

UP906 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:56 am
So, no link then?
Not for you, no. You're like the dirt between my toes. Figure it out if you can.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

UP906

Post by UP906 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:37 am

R Bedell wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:24 am
UP:

As usual, bringing things up out of mid air.

Kinda like this.......... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLd2suBL0r0
Lol, yep. Typical though... I'm not really surprised that he doesn't want any discourse beyond the usual pie throwing and name calling. It's the leftist trademark.

Thread Killer

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:10 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:30 pm
So WHEN IN THE HELL are we going to go back to the way laws are SUPPOSED to be passed? A governor's powers aren't limitless and endless.
Maybe if we didn't have irresponsible Republicans like this nitwit, we would in a better place. Maybe if the state had regular testing, but our President saw to it that we didn't get the tests.
LANSING A Republican state senator who sponsored a bill to limit the emergency powers Gov. Gretchen Whitmer has used to address the pandemic has tested positive for COVID-19.

State Sen. Tom Barrett, R-Charlotte, issued a statement Sunday that said he does not have "any significant symptoms," and "will be self-isolating according to medical guidelines."

Barrett has been a vocal critic of Whitmer's handling of the coronavirus pandemic and sponsored a bill to repeal the 1945 law Whitmer has used to maintain a state of emergency related to coronavirus. The state of emergency allows Whitmer to issue emergency orders to restrict business operations and require the wearing of masks in public places.

Barrett, who is also a member of the Michigan Army National Guard, said he received a required screening prior to a scheduled training event.

Despite taking reasonable precautions, I was notified this afternoon that I tested positive during a routine screening on Friday, July 31," Barrett said in a news release.

“I have done my best to make contact with those I have been around in the past couple weeks so that they may also seek medical advice," and “I look forward to resuming my normal work schedule as quickly as possible," he said.

Senate Majority Leader Mike Shirkey, R-Clarklake, said the Senate has followed established procedure and informed senators and staff of the positive test result. The Senate Business Office provides all senators and staff with appropriate information for follow-up procedures, he said.

― Noam Chomsky

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:01 pm

I got it. Trump's a tyrant for issuing orders. Big Gretch is Mother Teresa.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:28 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:01 pm
I also like the insinuation that because the senator opposes the unconstitutional EOs that he deserved to get covid.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:00 pm

That's pretty bad, but he has no symptoms so it short-circuits their insinuation.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:47 pm

I don't take joy in anyone getting COVID. I was in the hospital in March and April with two different upper respiratory infections. It was like a war zone. Any person that saw what I did wouldn't wish it on anyone. And I swear that this virus keeps score about those who taunt it or use it as a laugh line. So, I am certainly not going to laugh.

And even though he has no symptoms, he could still have long term heart and lung damage.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:21 pm

Bryce wrote:
Close, but not exactly.

― Noam Chomsky

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:47 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:21 pm
Bryce wrote:
Close, but not exactly.
Yup, all the caring and compassion of Mother Teresa...
Gretchen Whitmer Blocks GOP Bill That Would Have Kept Coronavirus Patients Out Of Nursing Homes
https://www.dailywire.com/news/gretchen ... =housefile

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:54 pm

She is insane, but her minions will defend her to the last.

Cue the whataboutism arguments...

Thread Killer

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:26 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:47 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Bryce wrote:
Close, but not exactly.
Gretchen Whitmer Blocks GOP Bill That Would Have Kept Coronavirus Patients Out Of Nursing Homes
Do you understand why?

I always love it when something so seemingly irresponsible is attacked when you haven't considered the science behind the policy.

― Noam Chomsky

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:30 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:26 pm
Bryce wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Bryce wrote:
Close, but not exactly.
Do you understand why?

I always love it when something so seemingly irresponsible is attacked when you haven't considered the science behind the policy.
Please explain "the science" that supports putting sick people with covid in a nursing home with non-covid people when there are other options.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:34 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:30 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:26 pm
Bryce wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Bryce wrote:
Close, but not exactly.
Do you understand why?

Please explain "the science" that supports putting sick people with covid in a nursing home with non-covid people when there are other options.
Which options? None that are willing to take Medicaid/Medicare rate. Have you ever been in one of these facilities? I have. They are designed to accommodate rehab and nursing care in different separated parts of the building. Please educate me. Because I really enjoy you vilifying everything you don't have a clue about of it furthers your hatefest towards Big Gretch.

― Noam Chomsky

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic