Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Masks Now Mandatory In Stores

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Masks Now Mandatory In Stores

Post by TC Talks » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:36 am

Oh look, more freedoms being crushed, like seatbelts, shirt and shoes, or drunk driving.

The "Conservative Victims" are going to go crazy now...
Gov. Gretchen Whitmer on Friday toughened and expanded Michigan's mask-wearing requirements, saying that wearing masks is the best way to reverse an increase in coronavirus cases.

Whitmer issued an executive order that:

Requires any business that is open to the public to refuse entry or service to people who refuse to wear a face covering, with limited exceptions.

Requires the use of face coverings in crowded outdoor spaces.

Reiterates that individuals are required to wear a face covering whenever they are in an indoor public space.

The order takes effect Monday.

Though a violation can be a misdemeanor and bring a $500 fine, Whitmer's order and the news release that detailed it is silent on enforcement. Whitmer said Thursday that local officials will likely need to become more active in enforcement. The prior order did not set out specific penalties for violation
Last edited by TC Talks on Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

TC Talks

Re: Masks Now Mandatory In Stores

Post by TC Talks » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:06 pm

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:22 pm

Looks like TC is having an orgasm over Whitmer exercising more government power.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:27 pm

I thought you idiots wanted to defend the police, now you want to make them hall monitors?

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:33 pm

She pulled that 70% number out of thin air again....this time vaguely referencing "studies." Can somebody please tell me what the hell studies she's referring to when she says that wearing a mask reduces the spread by 70%?

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:39 pm

No shoes, no shirt, no mask, NO service! While I feel everyone should be wearing a mask (not doing so is a slap in the face to retail employees who are putting their lives on the line to serve you) I don't think an executive order was necessary. What should have been done is enforce stores to comply with the mask requirement and fine the stores for not adhering to it.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:44 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:33 pm
She pulled that 70% number out of thin air again....this time vaguely referencing "studies." Can somebody please tell me what the hell studies she's referring to when she says that wearing a mask reduces the spread by 70%?
This is nothing more than a scare tactic that will not be enforced. A slew of Chads and Karens will be bothering dispatch centers. That is all that will come of this.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:49 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:27 pm
I thought you idiots wanted to defend the police, now you want to make them hall monitors?
This is between the stores and the health officers. I doubt the police will want to get involved.

It's simple, if a business is flagrantly violating the order, they get a ticket.

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(gwqkyfjq0yfpvczjerfmu0s4))/mileg.aspx?page=getObject&objectName=mcl-333-2428&highlight=public%20AND%20health

― Noam Chomsky

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:03 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:22 pm
Looks like TC is having an orgasm over Whitmer exercising more government power.
Help! Help! I'm being repressed!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:42 pm

I love how some people all of a sudden are quoting the 14th Amendment. If you are running a business, you must adhere to state licensing laws, and that's not in the 14th Amendment either.

Last edited by TC Talks on Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

― Noam Chomsky

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:44 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:22 pm
What? So TC Talks is not the master of his domain. I knew it.

ADD in TC

Post by ADD in TC » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:15 pm

While I'm by no means a fan of Miss Whitmer and l think a lot of what TC TALKS says on this board is quite comical,I did see a recent study stating that a person wearing a mask is about 67 percent less likely to contract Covid-19.Just Google masks studies and news.Have to get back to work from break.Sorry about not posting a link.

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:41 pm

ADD in TC wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:15 pm
While I'm by no means a fan of Miss Whitmer and l think a lot of what TC TALKS says on this board is quite comical,I did see a recent study stating that a person wearing a mask is about 67 percent less likely to contract Covid-19.Just Google masks studies and news.Have to get back to work from break.Sorry about not posting a link.
That TC Talks is a funny dude.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:18 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:49 pm
.... it's simple, if a business is flagrantly violating the order, they get a ticket ....
This goes along with how I feel. If folks are strolling the aisles maskless, who's to blame? The one without the mask, or the store for letting them in?

And as an aside.
Some folks say "Oh, the store will lose business, oh my". I ponder if once a place got a reputation for being rigid about not letting folks in without a mask, mask wearers would go out of their way to shop there.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:01 pm

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:18 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:49 pm
.... it's simple, if a business is flagrantly violating the order, they get a ticket ....
This goes along with how I feel. If folks are strolling the aisles maskless, who's to blame? The one without the mask, or the store for letting them in?

And as an aside.
Some folks say "Oh, the store will lose business, oh my". I ponder if once a place got a reputation for being rigid about not letting folks in without a mask, mask wearers would go out of their way to shop there.
I was downtown last week, every person had a mask, some were not wearing it. When they entered a store, if asked, they would pull it up.

I think those who yell the loudest will still conform, I will tell you why: businesses don't want further restrictions. Masks seem to be a step before partial closures like we have already seen.

We have the opportunity to see how it goes when safety steps are not in place at all, it's worse for business than the few rules in place today. How pissed would you be as a bar owner in Lansing that was forced to close because Harper's allowed the shit show to go on?

No one wants these restrictions, but we gripped at harsh drunk driving laws and that has proven itself as being good practice for lower deaths.

― Noam Chomsky

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic