Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Whitmer recall collapsing amid fraud allegations

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**

TC Talks

Re: Whitmer recall collapsing amid fraud allegations

Post by TC Talks » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:36 am

The story sort of writes itself...
“I think he had a gambling addiction,” Blair told MCFN. “I think he dipped into the (committee's) fund when his personal money was gone.”

Blair provided transaction records and a text conversation which purport to show Baase had admitted to a discrepancy in the committee’s finances close to $2,000.

According to the messages supplied by Blair, he messaged Baase on July 7, “We are shy like $1600-$1900. The website payment declined.”

Baase replied, “I got burned by Becka, I will make up for it within the week.”

In a subsequent interview Baase claimed this woman, an ex-girlfriend, had stolen cash raised at a fundraiser on July 4 and on other occasions. Despite their relationship, Baase said he didn’t know her last name and never filed a police report.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:45 am

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:48 am

We should just mail out ballots for a trial run since mail in elections are fraud-free, right?

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:06 am

Matt wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:48 am
We should just mail out ballots for a trial run since mail in elections are fraud-free, right?
If these clowns had their shit together it would make the ballot in November and we could find out. But yes there are many safeguards in place and instances of fraud are negligible. Election officials take their jobs seriously and get caught in short order if they are committing any offenses. That’s why 6 states red and blue use it already and don’t have any problems.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:48 am

With the election so near, a recall vote is a ridiculous waste of taxpayer monies.

Thread Killer

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:49 am

2 years away?

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

UP906

Post by UP906 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:52 am

Close enough. Without the E.O. she is basically worthless. Give her enough rope...

Thread Killer

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:09 am

How’s that lawsuit coming anyway?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic