Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

From my Facebook feed today...

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
UP906

Re: From my Facebook feed today...

Post by UP906 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:51 pm

Does Bryce have the NFA paperwork to own a select fire weapon?

If not, he can't walk around nekkid with an "assault rifle".

Thread Killer

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:43 pm

UP906 wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:51 pm

Isn’t that an assault on his second amendment rights...?

UP906

Post by UP906 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:54 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:43 pm
UP906 wrote:

Why yes RT it most certainly is. I would love to see a repeal of the National Firearms Act. Doing so would allow people to own select fire weapons without applying for a tax stamp on said weapon... just as the Founding Fathers had intended.

Thread Killer

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:25 pm

UP906 wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:54 pm
Rate This wrote:
UP906 wrote:

Why yes RT it most certainly is. I would love to see a repeal of the National Firearms Act. Doing so would allow people to own select fire weapons without applying for a tax stamp on said weapon... just as the Founding Fathers had intended.
They would have imagined the technology of the day though... something derived from a military weapon of the 20th century is probably not exactly what they were thinking. In fact if someone is an originalist they had better party like it’s 1789 and apply that standard to everything or shut up.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:27 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:25 pm
UP906 wrote:
Rate This wrote:
UP906 wrote:

They would have imagined the technology of the day though... something derived from a military weapon of the 20th century is probably not exactly what they were thinking.
Arming the citizens so that they could quell government heavy handedness is exactly what they were thinking.

Thread Killer

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:28 pm

UP906 wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:27 pm
Rate This wrote:
UP906 wrote:
Rate This wrote:
UP906 wrote:

They would have imagined the technology of the day though... something derived from a military weapon of the 20th century is probably not exactly what they were thinking.
Arming the citizens so that they could quell government heavy handedness is exactly what they were thinking.
But there’s no way in hell anyone could do that at this point. They’d obliterate the citizenry with a drone controlled from an air conditioned office.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:33 pm

What I mean by that, is that the Founding Fathers designed it so that the citizens would be armed with the latest weapons technology so they wouldn't be behind the curve if their government became oppressive.

That right was basically stripped in 1934 with the National Firearms Act.

Now, in order to own certain weapons, a citizen must jump through all kinds of hoops and submit to a purchase of a tax stamp and multiple background checks.

It's not right.

Thread Killer

UP906

Post by UP906 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:38 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:28 pm
UP906 wrote:
Rate This wrote:
UP906 wrote:
Rate This wrote:
UP906 wrote:

But there’s no way in hell anyone could do that at this point. They’d obliterate the citizenry with a drone controlled from an air conditioned office.
You assume that they will find the maintenance crews to keep said drones flying, the ordinance people to load them, and the pilots to pull the trigger on American citizens.

Remember, they aren't looking through their FLIR at some mud hut on the other side of the world... they may see a McDonald's or a baseball diamond on their screen... with American kids driving a Chevrolet.

Also... their neighbors know who they are and where they live. It's not like the Taliban are going to invade America and start hunting down drone operators. In the scenario you propose, the enemy already lives next door... and they are well armed.

Thread Killer

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:02 pm

UP906 wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:38 pm
Rate This wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:28 pm
UP906 wrote:
Rate This wrote:
UP906 wrote:
Rate This wrote:
UP906 wrote:

You assume that they will find the maintenance crews to keep said drones flying, the ordinance people to load them, and the pilots to pull the trigger on American citizens.

Remember, they aren't looking through their FLIR at some mud hut on the other side of the world... they may see a McDonald's or a baseball diamond on their screen... with American kids driving a Chevrolet.

Also... their neighbors know who they are and where they live. It's not like the Taliban are going to invade America and start hunting down drone operators. In the scenario you propose, the enemy already lives next door... and they are well armed.
If they are beating down the door or declare war on the country they are targets plain and simple.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:23 pm

Not if they are upholding the Constitution. In that case, the military has no choice but to side with them.

Remember RT... the government works for you, not the other way around.

Thread Killer

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:33 pm

UP906 wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:23 pm
Not if they are upholding the Constitution. In that case, the military has no choice but to side with them.

Remember RT... the government works for you, not the other way around.
Where is an armed rebellion putting life and property at risk found in the constitution? We have the National Guard which is the militia in the second amendment. Otherwise... if life and property are at risk the government has a responsibility to work for everyone else and put down the rebellion. They don’t just roll over and play dead whenever somebody decides it’s rebellion time.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:45 pm

A) The National Guard is not the militia.

B) The rebellion will only occur when the government decides to step outside the lines of the constitution. If they do this, they will lose the military.

I'm not talking about just going out and looting, but rather taking the power back if it is ever deemed necessary.

Thread Killer

UP906

Post by UP906 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:49 pm

[/quote]
if life and property are at risk the government has a responsibility to work for everyone else and put down the rebellion.
[/quote]

And by the way... this statement right here makes you possibly one of the worst "left libertarians" I have ever come across.

Personally I don't think there is such a thing, but if you say so...

Thread Killer

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:10 pm

UP906 wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:45 pm

B) The rebellion will only occur when the government decides to step outside the lines of the constitution. If they do this, they will lose the military.

I'm not talking about just going out and looting, but rather taking the power back if it is ever deemed necessary.
The official name of the National Guard is “The MILITIA Of The United States”... it sure the hell IS the WELL REGULATED MILITIA the 2nd amendment speaks of.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:13 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:10 pm
UP906 wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:45 pm

The official name of the National Guard is “The MILITIA Of The United States”... it sure the hell IS the WELL REGULATED MILITIA the 2nd amendment speaks of.
Ugh... no Sir, it isn't.

Read this.

https://mises.org/wire/why-we-cant-igno ... -amendment

Thread Killer

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic