Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

From my Facebook feed today...

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 24

From my Facebook feed today...

Post by Deleted User 24 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:59 pm

...comes this post from a former colleague, a smart, educated man who believes in science. Covid-19 has struck his home:

“Live with it” means COVID-19 is coming to your house. Want to know what that will be like?

When COVID-19 comes to your house, you will not care when the bars or the gyms will reopen. You will not care how your stock portfolio is doing. You will not think it’s a hoax. You won’t have time for that nonsense because you’ll be watching and worrying for yourself and every loved one in your household, looking for any hint of a symptom as you wait to be tested.

Is my back sore from working, or are these the body aches? Are you overheated because it’s 90 degrees, or is it the fever? Did someone’s drink of water go down the wrong way, or was that the cough I heard?

Then again, if you’re the kind of jackass who sees yourself as an American hero for not giving a shit about your fellow human beings, maybe that’s not what you’ll do. Maybe you’ll say to your sick child “wearing a mask is for suckers,” or “this is just like the flu,” or “your illness is just the fair price of getting back to business.”

Do you sense my anger? Because that’s another thing that happens when COVID-19 comes to your house. The simmering rage you feel at a cruel, idiot president and the 40% who worship him turns white hot.

Because if we didn’t have the world’s only populace so stupidly self-centered as to proudly cut the brake lines on a pandemic, maybe COVID-19 wouldn’t have come to my house or 55,000 other American homes today.

And another 55,000 tomorrow, or 60,000. And since we’re giving up, maybe 100,000 or more a day in a week or so. And while in this moment I cannot bear to type the possibility we all know about this illness, let's just recognize that 1% of 100,000 a day is 1,000 a day, or 30,000 a month. And no one thinks the rate we’re talking about is as low as 1%, even before the hospital wards and corridors fill up.

“Live with it” in my house? In yours? Live with it in the White House, you fuck.

Deleted User 15342

Re: From my Facebook feed today...

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:56 pm

Some more liberal fear mongering. You guys just crack me up with the fear bullshit.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:01 pm

Lucky615 wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:56 pm
Some more liberal fear mongering. You guys just crack me up with the fear bullshit.
Trust me... you crack us up with the disdain for something that shouldn’t be political. Wear a mask in consideration of your fellow man. It’s not red or blue. It’s the right thing to do.

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:04 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:01 pm
Lucky615 wrote:
Trust me... you crack us up with the disdain for something that shouldn’t be political. Wear a mask in consideration of your fellow man. It’s not red or blue. It’s the right thing to do.
Never will I wear a mask. If it’s not political why did the author of this thread put it here in the Michigan Political Potpourri. Apparently the author wanted to make a political statement as he did with this quote “Live with it in the White House, You Fuck”.
Last edited by Deleted User 15342 on Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:33 pm

Lucky615 wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:04 pm
Rate This wrote:
Lucky615 wrote:
Never will I wear a mask. If it’s not political why did the author of this thread put it here in the Michigan Political Potpourri. Apparently the author wanted to make a political statement as he did.
Who cares what the author wanted to do? It’s a medical issue ultimately. The fact of the matter is that wearing a mask will reduce the spread of the virus and save lives. Some people have to watch it happen to someone they love before they believe it I guess.

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:36 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:33 pm
Lucky615 wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Lucky615 wrote:
Never will I wear a mask. If it’s not political why did the author of this thread put it here in the Michigan Political Potpourri. Apparently the author wanted to make a political statement as he did.
Who cares what the author wanted to do? It’s a medical issue ultimately. The fact of the matter is that wearing a mask will reduce the spread of the virus and save lives. Some people have to watch it happen to someone they love before they believe it I guess.
It still became a political statement by the author, pure and simple.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:37 pm

Lucky615 wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:36 pm
Rate This wrote:
Lucky615 wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Lucky615 wrote:
That’s irrelevant. Wear a mask for god sakes.

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:46 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:37 pm
Lucky615 wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:36 pm
Rate This wrote:
Lucky615 wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Lucky615 wrote:
That’s irrelevant. Wear a mask for god sakes.
You want to know why I don’t wear a mask? Because I have asthma and COPD my doctor says it would complicate my breathing and suggested not to wear one, so because of my medical situation I don’t wear one.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:49 am

Rate This wrote:
Lucky615 wrote:
I agree, wear the mask/shield it's common sense while going out in public shields are good for those that don't like the mask-wearing for health issues since you'll save lives wearing a mask and or shield along with 6 feet apart. Everything is now about politics when it shouldn't have to be that way.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:10 am

Covid is not real and it's time to wake up.
They get away with this because those tests are for detecting the coronavirus family, which are not new, and are what are responsible for the common cold. There isn't "the coronavirus". Basically medical knowledge boys.. but knowledge they font expect the "debt slaves" to understand.
They don't think of us ad equal. David Rockefeller once referred to us as "disposal humans", and Bill Gates publicly stated his vaccines will REDUCE the population.
And... that's the goal here.

Music is my life.

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:41 am

stopnswop2 wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:10 am
Covid is not real and it's time to wake up.
They get away with this because those tests are for detecting the coronavirus family, which are not new, and are what are responsible for the common cold. There isn't "the coronavirus". Basically medical knowledge boys.. but knowledge they font expect the "debt slaves" to understand.
They don't think of us ad equal. David Rockefeller once referred to us as "disposal humans", and Bill Gates publicly stated his vaccines will REDUCE the population.
And... that's the goal here.
I agree Stopnswop2, this covid thing is a farce. This is all designed to see how the masses worldwide react to control. The next thing is to eliminate paper and coined currency because the powers that be will force a cashless society on us. Within this current decade we will be forced to make a decision to either accept or decline taking a mark on our forehead or right hand in order to buy or sell. 5G technology is another tool that will be used to track every move we make 24 hours a day. It’s coming fast and people better get ready. Is this biblical? yes, is this really happening? yes, just look around and you will see, read the news headlines and read the Book of Revolution in your bible. You don’t even have to be religious to realize something’s up. To some this could be a very scary time.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:57 am

I know several that have had it and recovered. One recovered and had no or minimal effects from it.

The one that that passed away had heart issues and COPD, while continuing to smoke.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:12 am

You want to know why I don’t wear a mask? Because I have asthma and COPD my doctor says it would complicate my breathing and suggested not to wear one, so because of my medical situation I don’t wear one.
The fact you failed to state so in your dozen or so previous posts on the topic and bragged about how no one in your family wears one makes me seriously question your honesty with regard to the above statement.

If I were in your shoes, I would've disclosed the above the first very time I opened my mouth on the topic. It seems very odd to me that you would wait until *now* to disclose this revelation.

FWIW, I think it's perfectly acceptable for folks to *not* wear a mask for legitimate medical reasons. That doesn't excuse such individuals from social distancing, of course.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:17 am

Something to think about AIDS has been around for 40 years and many have died from it, but yet no vaccine. Covid on the other hand has been around for less than a year and the medical community is working hard to get a vaccine. Gets you to think doesn’t it. Will there really be a vaccine for covid and if there is will you take it? Not me.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:37 am

When COVID-19 comes to your house, you will not care when the bars or the gyms will reopen. You will not care how your stock portfolio is doing. You will not think it’s a hoax. You won’t have time for that nonsense because you’ll be watching and worrying for yourself and every loved one in your household, looking for any hint of a symptom as you wait to be tested.

Is my back sore from working, or are these the body aches? Are you overheated because it’s 90 degrees, or is it the fever? Did someone’s drink of water go down the wrong way, or was that the cough I heard?
I had the H1N1 flu back in 2014. With my persistent 103 degree fever and inability to so much as even sit up in bed, I felt like absolute hell. But I pulled through it. Thinking back, if the media had treated H1N1 the same way it is treating Covid-19, my anxiety level would have been through the roof, wondering literally every minute if I was going to die. The fear mongering over Coronavirus does just that - it causes unnecessary anxiety for the well over 99 percent of people who won't die from Coronavirus.
Because if we didn’t have the world’s only populace so stupidly self-centered as to proudly cut the brake lines on a pandemic, maybe COVID-19 wouldn’t have come to my house or 55,000 other American homes today.
Bullshit. Our fate was sealed the moment this highly contagious virus left China. Americans are naive to believe there's anything we can do to accomplish anything more than marginally delaying the inevitable. The resurgence isn't Trump's or anybody else's fault. Rather, it the result of the inevitable.
And another 55,000 tomorrow, or 60,000. And since we’re giving up, maybe 100,000 or more a day in a week or so. And while in this moment I cannot bear to type the possibility we all know about this illness, let's just recognize that 1% of 100,000 a day is 1,000 a day, or 30,000 a month. And no one thinks the rate we’re talking about is as low as 1%, even before the hospital wards and corridors fill up.

“Live with it” in my house? In yours? Live with it in the White House, you fuck.
I'll bet the jackass who wrote this still buys things from China. I wouldn't be surprised if he typed it on a device made in China.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic