Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

From my Facebook feed today...

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: From my Facebook feed today...

Post by Rate This » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:43 am

You understand that other countries have been able to get this under control while we fumble around like some sort of 3rd world country under UN Monitoring right?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:43 am

Lucky615 wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:17 am
Something to think about AIDS has been around for 40 years and many have died from it, but yet no vaccine. Covid on the other hand has been around for less than a year and the medical community is working hard to get a vaccine. Gets you to think doesn’t it. Will there really be a vaccine for covid and if there is will you take it? Not me.
I will not take it, I don't want someone screwing with my immune system.

I do not get flu shots either and I rarely get sick.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:51 am

audiophile wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:43 am
Lucky615 wrote:
Something to think about AIDS has been around for 40 years and many have died from it, but yet no vaccine. Covid on the other hand has been around for less than a year and the medical community is working hard to get a vaccine. Gets you to think doesn’t it. Will there really be a vaccine for covid and if there is will you take it? Not me.

So if a polio vaccine were developed today you would refuse that too?

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:12 am

Rate This wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:51 am
audiophile wrote:
Lucky615 wrote:

I would refuse any vaccine that is quickly developed. You don’t know what is in the other end of that needle. It could be contaminated serum. It will be interesting to see when this so called vaccine comes out how many will die from it or will that be covered up by the liberals and their media.
Last edited by Deleted User 15342 on Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:18 am

Rate This wrote:
audiophile wrote:
Lucky615 wrote:

I don't know if I ever had it.

You might find it interesting that my childhood doctor died of aids.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:47 am

audiophile wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:18 am
Rate This wrote:
audiophile wrote:
Lucky615 wrote:

I don't know if I ever had it.

You might find it interesting that my childhood doctor died of aids.
Not knowing your age it’s hard to know what to think of that. I’m not even sure why it’s relevant.

zzand

Post by zzand » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:00 pm

First, other countries have gotten a better handle on it because residents of those countries didn't fight, tooth and nail, every the Government says like is done in this country. Second, NO ONE can make people wear a mask, social distance or anything else that may help slow the spread. Everyone forgets both the Governor and Mayor of New York along with the Speaker of the House telling residents it was safe to go out and celebrate Chinese New Year and we see what that did for the city. To blame Trump is TDS plain and simple. It was governors and mayors who ordered Stay At Home Orders and shut down state's economies. It was Governors and local officials who reopened cities, states and economies, some with decent results others a disaster. It was people who decided rioting a looting and mass gatherings were not going to spread the virus, and only in the past week have some officials finally admitted that they did help spread it. It comes down to personal responsibility. If you aren't following common sense guidelines and you get sick it is because you didn't follow them. If you get sick because others don't follow them, it is on those who didn't follow them. Finally, I have a co-worker who has COPD and his doctor said find a mask you are comfortable with and wear it wherever you cannot control the surroundings because if you get COVID-19 it won't end well. If you do have COPD Lucky, get a new doctor.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:08 pm

ZZAND, do you feel it's your right to walk around naked?

How is the health department able to mandate shirt and shoes in an eating establishment?

How can they restrict me from bringing in my pet? Shouldn't the restaurant have a choice whether they allow pets?

Why is the government able to restrict my speed on the highway?

When you live in a society, occasionally there are laws and ordinances which protect that society. Over time, as we understand this virus better, we learn what works and what doesn't work to keep us healthy. Masks work.

Trying to justify your decisions today based on how the government responded at the very beginning of an unknown pandemic is just silly. If that's the case disable your airbag. Because we learned over time that airbags work but I bet the first generation weren't as good as they are now. That means you shouldn't have to have an airbag so turn it off.

Oddly, audiophiles argument about having mandatory vaccines is likely more relevant. We will have a covid vaccine, then it becomes personal responsibility. We do not have a tool to prevent covid so we are sort of stuck with acting like a society not like a pack of spoiled children.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

zzand

Post by zzand » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:47 pm

I stated my opinion, just as you did yours. No difference. The government is telling people to wear masks and they are fighting it, that is a fact. Show me different and I will believe you but you can't because there are examples right here on the board.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:48 pm

zzand wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:00 pm
First, other countries have gotten a better handle on it because residents of those countries didn't fight, tooth and nail, every the Government says like is done in this country. Second, NO ONE can make people wear a mask, social distance or anything else that may help slow the spread. Everyone forgets both the Governor and Mayor of New York along with the Speaker of the House telling residents it was safe to go out and celebrate Chinese New Year and we see what that did for the city. To blame Trump is TDS plain and simple. It was governors and mayors who ordered Stay At Home Orders and shut down state's economies. It was Governors and local officials who reopened cities, states and economies, some with decent results others a disaster. It was people who decided rioting a looting and mass gatherings were not going to spread the virus, and only in the past week have some officials finally admitted that they did help spread it. It comes down to personal responsibility. If you aren't following common sense guidelines and you get sick it is because you didn't follow them. If you get sick because others don't follow them, it is on those who didn't follow them. Finally, I have a co-worker who has COPD and his doctor said find a mask you are comfortable with and wear it wherever you cannot control the surroundings because if you get COVID-19 it won't end well. If you do have COPD Lucky, get a new doctor.
Agreed COPD and Corona is a bad combo.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:59 pm

bmw wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:37 am
When COVID-19 comes to your house, you will not care when the bars or the gyms will reopen. You will not care how your stock portfolio is doing. You will not think it’s a hoax. You won’t have time for that nonsense because you’ll be watching and worrying for yourself and every loved one in your household, looking for any hint of a symptom as you wait to be tested.

Is my back sore from working, or are these the body aches? Are you overheated because it’s 90 degrees, or is it the fever? Did someone’s drink of water go down the wrong way, or was that the cough I heard?
I had the H1N1 flu back in 2014. With my persistent 103 degree fever and inability to so much as even sit up in bed, I felt like absolute hell. But I pulled through it. Thinking back, if the media had treated H1N1 the same way it is treating Covid-19, my anxiety level would have been through the roof, wondering literally every minute if I was going to die. The fear mongering over Coronavirus does just that - it causes unnecessary anxiety for the well over 99 percent of people who won't die from Coronavirus.
Because if we didn’t have the world’s only populace so stupidly self-centered as to proudly cut the brake lines on a pandemic, maybe COVID-19 wouldn’t have come to my house or 55,000 other American homes today.
Bullshit. Our fate was sealed the moment this highly contagious virus left China. Americans are naive to believe there's anything we can do to accomplish anything more than marginally delaying the inevitable. The resurgence isn't Trump's or anybody else's fault. Rather, it the result of the inevitable.
And another 55,000 tomorrow, or 60,000. And since we’re giving up, maybe 100,000 or more a day in a week or so. And while in this moment I cannot bear to type the possibility we all know about this illness, let's just recognize that 1% of 100,000 a day is 1,000 a day, or 30,000 a month. And no one thinks the rate we’re talking about is as low as 1%, even before the hospital wards and corridors fill up.

“Live with it” in my house? In yours? Live with it in the White House, you fuck.
I'll bet the jackass who wrote this still buys things from China. I wouldn't be surprised if he typed it on a device made in China.
I caught something when I was in NYC when it the most active, it was probably H1N1. I had terrible chills. I never went to doctor but it made the trip back in the car interesting.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:22 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:08 pm
Frankly, I think it should be. Who or what is he hurting if he does.

Nudity laws trace their origin to puritanical religious ideals.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:55 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:22 pm
TC Talks wrote:

Fight the tyrany Bryce!

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:38 am

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:55 pm
Bryce wrote:
TC Talks wrote:

Fight the tyrany Bryce!
Just trying to cast off my chains...
As they say, I was born that way.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:30 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:38 am
TC Talks wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:55 pm
Bryce wrote:
TC Talks wrote:

Fight the tyrany Bryce!
Just trying to cast off my chains...
As they say, I was born that way.
Be sure to display an assault rifle so we all know which kind of crazy you are.

― Noam Chomsky

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic