Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Trump says living in Detroit is like living in hell

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Re: Trump says living in Detroit is like living in hell

Post by Bryce » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:59 pm

I spent last weekend, 12 hours a day, in the neighborhood's of Detroit. I'm still depressed.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:13 pm

I won't ask what you were doing there. :)

I generally agree. There are maybe three neighborhoods in the entire city that are livable. I don't really count downtown or midtown as a "neighborhood." Those are commercial districts first & foremost.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:22 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:13 pm
I won't ask what you were doing there.
I'm not embarrassed about it. It was a wild/homeless/abandoned dog project.

The new director of Animal Control is an absolute piece of shit. His kill rates have skyrocketed since taking over for a prince of man. We're being proactive.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:14 pm

Thanks for fighting the good fight, Bryce!

The censorship king from out of state.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:59 pm

Animal Control isn't the biggest problem for dogs.
The Department of Justice estimates that at least 25 dogs are killed by police every day. 

The Puppycide Database Project estimates the number of dogs being killed by police to be closer to 500 dogs a day (which translates to 182,000 dogs a year).

Because not all police departments keep track of canine shootings, these numbers vary widely. However, whatever the final body count, what we’re dealing with is an epidemic of vast proportions.

The so-called “dangerous” breeds of dogs aren’t the only ones that are being killed in encounters with police either.

Essentially, police can shoot your dog for any reason or no reason at all. What’s more, the general consensus from the courts thus far has been to absolve police from charges of wrongdoing.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:01 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:22 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:13 pm
I won't ask what you were doing there.

The new director of Animal Control is an absolute piece of shit. His kill rates have skyrocketed since taking over for a prince of man. We're being proactive.
How many stray dogs are there walking around Detroit? I’ve heard anecdotes about packs of them before roaming around. I’ve seen stray cats all over but I don’t know that I’ve seen many stray dogs...

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:04 pm

Hats off! :)

Kudos to you for work in that area!!! I'm sad to hear that report regarding the Animal Control department.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:10 pm

Rate This wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:01 pm
How many stray dogs are there walking around Detroit? I’ve heard anecdotes about packs of them before roaming around. I’ve seen stray cats all over but I don’t know that I’ve seen many stray dogs...
There are thousands of stray, abandoned and feral dogs roaming the streets of Detroit. One study put it a 50,000. I don't buy that number. It's more likely between 5,000 and 10,000.

Entire packs live in, and reproduce in, abandoned housing. They mostly come out after dark.
Last edited by Bryce on Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:14 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:04 pm
I'm sad to hear that report regarding the Animal Control department.
There was a reason Mark Kumpf was fired from his last job. One only wonders who made the hiring decision to bring him here as director.

The former director, Charles Brown, was spectacular. He brought the kill rates WAY down by working with rescues and the community and was always open to a new idea. Finally, he got tired of the bullshit he had to put up with from the Detroit bureaucracy and resigned. I shed a tear the day he left. He was that good.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:16 pm

:hat
Honeyman wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:14 pm
Thanks for fighting the good fight, Bryce!

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:19 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:59 pm
The Department of Justice estimates that at least 25 dogs are killed by police every day. 

The Puppycide Database Project estimates the number of dogs being killed by police to be closer to 500 dogs a day (which translates to 182,000 dogs a year).

Because not all police departments keep track of canine shootings, these numbers vary widely. However, whatever the final body count, what we’re dealing with is an epidemic of vast proportions.

The so-called “dangerous” breeds of dogs aren’t the only ones that are being killed in encounters with police either.

Essentially, police can shoot your dog for any reason or no reason at all. What’s more, the general consensus from the courts thus far has been to absolve police from charges of wrongdoing.
Both my dogs are black. They wouldn't dare shoot them....

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:31 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:19 pm
TC Talks wrote:

Both my dogs are black. They wouldn't dare shoot them....

Once again, TCT did not cite his source.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:10 am

Matt wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:31 pm
Who needs sources when you got Barney from Fife Lake? :blink

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:34 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:31 pm
Bryce wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:19 pm
TC Talks wrote:

Both my dogs are black. They wouldn't dare shoot them.Image
Can't figure out Google? Finding sources is easy.
https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_10834362

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:19 pm

Now HuffPo is a source? Right up there with Christopher Steele.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic