Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Mayor of Ypsilanti Resigns

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Mr.Transistor

Re: Mayor of Ypsilanti Resigns

Post by Mr.Transistor » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:47 pm

I am really surprised the mob has not taken down that Fouts, mayor of Warren. They have him on tape saying despicable things about blacks, handicapped people and he just claims the tape is doctored and everyone forgets about it.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:18 pm

Matt, am I the only one who noticed the stunning resemblance in appearance between Ypsi's disgraced former mayor and Lou Anna K. Simon? :razz
I agree that what she said was stupid for a Mayor to say, but I think it falls pretty far from racist. But, the mob thought so, so it must be.
The mayor made an insulting remark directed primarily toward members of the BLM movement; I can understand why they would be offended. In & of itself, I agree with you that the remark wasn't racist, just stupid.

After self-identifying as a a racist, the mayor had no choice but to resign. Maybe she/he does truly harbor ill feelings toward the black race?

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:26 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:18 pm
Matt, am I the only one who noticed the stunning resemblance in appearance between Ypsi's disgraced former mayor and Lou Anna K. Simon? :razz
I agree that what she said was stupid for a Mayor to say, but I think it falls pretty far from racist. But, the mob thought so, so it must be.
The mayor made an insulting remark directed primarily toward members of the BLM movement; I can understand why they would be offended. In & of itself, I agree with you that the remark wasn't racist, just stupid.

After self-identifying as a a racist, the mayor had no choice but to resign. Maybe she/he does truly harbor ill feelings toward the black race?
https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... =3&t=50961

You are not. Credit to LL101 for pointing out the Franken comparison.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:08 pm

I, too, completely overlooked the Franken resemblance!

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:35 am

Aren't we treading awfully close to "They all look alike to me" territory? :razz

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:38 am

Bryce wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:35 am
Aren't we treading awfully close to "They all look alike to me" territory? :razz
We could do a police lineup and get Al Franken off the hook you say?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic