Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

“Don’t touch me, nigger.”

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: “Don’t touch me, nigger.”

Post by Rate This » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:41 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:34 pm
Forgive me, but it doesn't sound like you have enough understanding of racism to be preaching to others about what it is. Bigotry is a bias, racism is an institutional process that expands beyond two people.

You actually sound apologetic for the white persective.

What is your history with the topic?
Wrong:

prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.

My history with the topic? I prefer to keep to myself and treat every person I encounter exactly the same. With love and respect. Taking a longer view I relate to you a story from Korea:
My Grandfather always told a story about participating in a sit in at a base at some point. Apparently the powers that be wanted to separate the black and white soldiers. So In a move that was bold for 1951 America some white soldiers including my grandfather sat down and said “they don’t go we don’t go”. That stuck with me.

I am not apologetic to any particular perspective on this. I’m ready to abolish race altogether and treat everyone 100% equally as Human Beings. Put that in your progressive pipe and smoke it. Even you aren’t ready for that.

Realist

Post by Realist » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:14 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:18 pm
Realist wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:57 pm
I don’t post much in this section as I don’t like debating politics, as you will never change my mind and I probably won’t change others. But after reading this, I’ve got one thing to say:

It is truly my belief that EVERYONE, despite how much they deny it, is a racist to some degree or another. It might be very little to an iota but it’s there.

Where the line is drawn is when you are a bigot. This hillbilly that yelled the N word clearly is
Which one? The black guy yelling it clearly in the recording or the white guy who allegedly said it before it got rolling?
BOTH

I know white people who are bigoted against blacks, I’ve also worked with blacks who were CLEARLY bigoted towards any white co workers and didn’t give them a chance.

Racism and Bigotry is a double edged sword

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:45 am

Realist wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:14 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:18 pm
Realist wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:57 pm
I don’t post much in this section as I don’t like debating politics, as you will never change my mind and I probably won’t change others. But after reading this, I’ve got one thing to say:

It is truly my belief that EVERYONE, despite how much they deny it, is a racist to some degree or another. It might be very little to an iota but it’s there.

Where the line is drawn is when you are a bigot. This hillbilly that yelled the N word clearly is
Which one? The black guy yelling it clearly in the recording or the white guy who allegedly said it before it got rolling?
BOTH

I know white people who are bigoted against blacks, I’ve also worked with blacks who were CLEARLY bigoted towards any white co workers and didn’t give them a chance.

Racism and Bigotry is a double edged sword
Amen.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:55 am

Rate This wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:41 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:34 pm
Forgive me, but it doesn't sound like you have enough understanding of racism to be preaching to others about what it is. Bigotry is a bias, racism is an institutional process that expands beyond two people.

You actually sound apologetic for the white persective.

What is your history with the topic?
Wrong:

prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.

My history with the topic? I prefer to keep to myself and treat every person I encounter exactly the same. With love and respect. Taking a longer view I relate to you a story from Korea:
My Grandfather always told a story about participating in a sit in at a base at some point. Apparently the powers that be wanted to separate the black and white soldiers. So In a move that was bold for 1951 America some white soldiers including my grandfather sat down and said “they don’t go we don’t go”. That stuck with me.

I am not apologetic to any particular perspective on this. I’m ready to abolish race altogether and treat everyone 100% equally as Human Beings. Put that in your progressive pipe and smoke it. Even you aren’t ready for that.
Well stated.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:45 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:44 am
Here’s one of the many reasons why we can’t move forward as a society.

We’ve got people who believe racism goes only one way: white against black.

We’ve got people here DEFENDING a black man assaulting a white man and using the very word most of you are too afraid to use, even in the most educational and informational way.

Let me know when you’re ready to move forward. Until then, I’ll still be miles up the road waiting for you.
Very well said and I agree with everything you have stated. You are the truth, at least there are a few on this board that actually speak the truth. If you’re a father Happy Father’s Day!

TC Shuts Up

Just One More Communist Attempt To Stir Up Racial Tensions

Post by TC Shuts Up » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:22 pm

It's a good thing that several video cameras and microphones made recordings of what happened at Macy's in the Genesee Valley Mall. Download all videos you can before they are taken down, especially the uncensored versions. I hope that Macy's doesn't capitulate to the mob. Both Macy's nationwide and Genesee Valley Mall are already on shaky ground, along with many other malls even in less dangerous areas.

It's obvious that this beating was designed to stir up racial tensions. The victim looked like he could have been of Arabic/Middle Eastern origin. There has long been tension between African Americans and the Arabic (including Chaldean) community in Southeast Michigan. This is because of a lot of convenience store holdups and shoplifting and what used to be called "till tapping".

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:29 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:13 pm
Remember when white folks brined down 30 city blocks of Tulsa?

Remember when African American men started showing up hanging from trees this past month?

Remember when systematic racism was rampant in the Detroit Police Department and it is largely blamed on the riots of 1967?

Remember when you could fly the Confederate flag at a Nascar event?
Boy, where did this come from? Another try out for left field for the Tigers?

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:21 pm

Oh get over it.
The government created racism to cause division. Your parents fell right into the trap, and now you have too.
I bet you still think "blacks" were the slaves, don't you?
The first slave owners actually were black :lol

Music is my life.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:55 am

stopnswop2 wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:21 pm
Oh get over it.
The government created racism to cause division. Your parents fell right into the trap, and now you have too.
I bet you still think "blacks" were the slaves, don't you?
The first slave owners actually were black :lol
What?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic