Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Whitmer caught in ANOTHER lie

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Whitmer caught in ANOTHER lie

Post by Matt » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:53 am

“I ran on fixing the damn roads, but we all know that it wasn’t just roads. It was dams and roads,” the Democratic governor said. She indicated her 45-cent-a-gallon gas tax increase proposal that would have generated $1.9 billion for state infrastructure such as roads and bridges could have provided additional cash for dams, but “was not embraced with a lot of enthusiasm.”

But increased dam funding wasn't included in Whitmer's first executive budget, which was built around the assumption that the 45-cents-a-gallon gas tax increase would be approved, said James Hohman, director of fiscal policy for the free-market-oriented Mackinac Center for Public Policy in Midland. 

"It just wasn’t a part of her plan," Hohman said. In fact, the budget "included a recommended reduction in the small dam capital improvement fund the state operates.”
https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 137840001/

I wonder who she'll throw under the bus for this one (if she even acknowledges this). She has thrown Dr. J under the bus for the nursing home scandal. Speaking of which, it seems that her covid press conferences are a thing of the past, doesn’t it?

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Whitmer caught in ANOTHER lie

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:44 am

Most politicians lie whenever their lips move. Whitmer is no exception.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:36 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:44 am
Most politicians lie whenever their lips move. Whitmer is no exception.
This one seems quite consequential though, doesn't it?

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:04 pm

Whenever they say "I met a wonderful person named Molly yesterday, and she told me blah, blah, blah", I assume it's likely that no such person exists, nor did any such conversation take place.

Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:14 pm

She is so full of shit and a complete hypocrite. I really despise her and it never used to be this way until her ridiculous restrictions in late March/ early April and being completely disingenuous. I can only blame myself, I voted for her because I was no Schuette fan but not again Queen Gretch. I got your number now!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:28 pm

Calvert DeForest wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:04 pm
Whenever they say "I met a wonderful person named Molly yesterday, and she told me blah, blah, blah", I assume it's likely that no such person exists, nor did any such conversation take place.
I always think this about anything like that or something on a commercial...

“I need ID, a complete background check and a DNA sample please.“

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:42 pm

If you look at Snyder's administration, you will find she has had more luck with the Legislature so far than he had.

Politics requires negotiation, and it's time you start looking at how little Lee Chatfield has done to better the state. He really doesn't seem to do much but get caught trying to board planes with a handgun.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic