Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Peaceful Protests

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Peaceful Protests

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:39 pm

In Traverse City we have community policing. This means we know our police officers and we know they don't use warrior tactics as taught in Minneapolis. This is how our protests roll...

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 4520

Re: Peaceful Protests

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:59 pm

I saw there were protesters in Gaylord. At least it was peaceful...as they should. But for many communities it's far beyond protesting. Now it's looting and rioting. What is burning down a business gonna do? What is smashing a few windshields gonna do? What is lighting fires in dumpsters gonna do? Absolutely nothing... We are plagued with a virus, floods, now looting and riots. What's next?!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:30 pm

TheForce wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:59 pm
I saw there were protesters in Gaylord. At least it was peaceful...as they should. But for many communities it's far beyond protesting. Now it's looting and rioting. What is burning down a business gonna do? What is smashing a few windshields gonna do? What is lighting fires in dumpsters gonna do? Absolutely nothing... We are plagued with a virus, floods, now looting and riots. What's next?!
Locusts.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:28 pm

TheForce wrote:
What worries me is how some people want to evolve the protesting about the killing, into a protest about racism. Some of the media is lighting that fire now. Yes or no?

Once we start down that slippery slope, it's only a matter of time before the people that are looting now, are going to start thumping random people. Gang jumping some random person out jogging. It's going to happen.

Look at the narratives coming out now. Yes or no? Especially Lily White people who have no clue about the Black experience. Writing columns or speaking on social media about society, not about the killing. Like they even have any clue.

That fat late night host from England has done that. He's got a YouTube video out. Talking about the troubles in America. Please. One of many examples of some yahoo not even close to being qualified speaking. Editors and commentators from Ivory Tower colleges who live a lily white life in a gated community want to comment on this. Please. Their comments are not about the killing. They are about how troubled American society is, and yada yada. Please. How many times have I heard our TV news say "A Nation Divided". WHAT? How are we divided over this killing? But the media is doing what they do best. Stir the pot to get people to watch.

If this all turns into race riots or like I said, the same gangs looting now start hurting or killing random individuals, it's the media's fault. All I can say is Annie Get Your Gun because it may be coming.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:39 pm

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:28 pm
TheForce wrote:
What worries me is how some people want to evolve the protesting about the killing, into a protest about racism. Some of the media is lighting that fire now. Yes or no?

Once we start down that slippery slope, it's only a matter of time before the people that are looting now, are going to start thumping random people. Gang jumping some random person out jogging. It's going to happen.

Look at the narratives coming out now. Yes or no? Especially Lily White people who have no clue about the Black experience. Writing columns or speaking on social media about society, not about the killing. Like they even have any clue.

That fat late night host from England has done that. He's got a YouTube video out. Talking about the troubles in America. Please. One of many examples of some yahoo not even close to being qualified speaking. Editors and commentators from Ivory Tower colleges who live a lily white life in a gated community want to comment on this. Please. Their comments are not about the killing. They are about how troubled American society is, and yada yada. Please. How many times have I heard our TV news say "A Nation Divided". WHAT? How are we divided over this killing? But the media is doing what they do best. Stir the pot to get people to watch.

If this all turns into race riots or like I said, the same gangs looting now start hurting or killing random individuals, it's the media's fault. All I can say is Annie Get Your Gun because it may be coming.
A few days ago this would have played better... things appear calmer now.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:15 pm

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Please. How many times have I heard our TV news say "A Nation Divided". WHAT? How are we divided over this killing? But the media is doing what they do best. Stir the pot to get people to watch.
When the Floyd killing first happened, I couldn't find ANYONE that didn't think it was a horrid travesty. Our nation was pretty much all on the same page. United. That didn't serve the purpose of the left, the race hustlers or the media. Those three groups manufactured what has taken place to either further an agenda or boost ratings..

They should be held accountable.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:30 pm

Bryce wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:15 pm
Mike Oxlong wrote:
Please. How many times have I heard our TV news say "A Nation Divided". WHAT? How are we divided over this killing? But the media is doing what they do best. Stir the pot to get people to watch.
When the Floyd killing first happened, I couldn't find ANYONE that didn't think it was a horrid travesty. Our nation was pretty much all on the same page. United. That didn't serve the purpose of the left, the race hustlers or the media. Those three groups manufactured what has taken place to either further an agenda or boost ratings..

They should be held accountable.
They hired people to loot and riot?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:54 pm

Big talk from small hands meets with embarrassment.

Trump continues to look like an impotent fool. Seattle and the State of Washington have found a compromise with Protesters and it's driving Trump crazy. However, every threat he has made is being pushed back in his face.

It won't be long before many Governors and Leaders just ignore him, or tell him to fuck off in a humorous way...

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:32 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:54 pm
Big talk from small hands meets with embarrassment.

Trump continues to look like an impotent fool. Seattle and the State of Washington have found a compromise with Protesters and it's driving Trump crazy. However, every threat he has made is being pushed back in his face.

It won't be long before many Governors and Leaders just ignore him, or tell him to fuck off in a humorous way...

Seattle mayor is gutless letting a no police zone called Chaz which is going to be an epic fail which is shakedown which isn't right and the mayor should live in the no police zone since she isn't backing the police who shouldn't have backed down gutless and being a coward as well. Also, why does the Chaz group have guns if they don't like guns and want them banned?

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:11 pm

No one has been hurt or killed in CHAZ. That's a better record than most police departments.

― Noam Chomsky

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:38 pm

In due time problems will happen in CHAZ Mayor of Seattle isn't doing her job and isn't backing the police which is wrong I'd turn my back if I was a Seattle police officer. I trust police departments over CHAZ which are anarchists.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:30 am

2 people have been shot in the CHAZ Zone in Seattle 1 dead and the other is in the hospital not sure on the second one that was shot police and first responders had a hard time getting to them as the crowd was blocking the area.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic