Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Whitler extends “stay-at-home” until June 12

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Re: Whitler extends “stay-at-home” until June 12

Post by Bryce » Sun May 24, 2020 8:22 am

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 8:00 am
Bryce wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 7:57 am
Matt wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 9:51 am

Hotels up north are open, I am pretty sure.
Whitmer's new order allows social gatherings of up to 10 people in northern Michigan but it does not open up hotels or other overnight lodgings, and it continues to prohibit vacation rentals.
Hotels are allowed to house long term residents (IE people that live there) and essential workers. That is all. Campgrounds also remain closed.

The question remains. Where the hell are all these people staying?
Well I dunno. When we go up there, we stay at the Holiday Inn in Williamsburg. They're taking reservations for tonight:

https://www.guestreservations.com/holid ... rrency=USD
Interesting...

Think the operators just said "screw the order" and opened? I've read the order and news reports. Places of public accommodation are not supposed to open.

Could it be that the on line booking site operates as normal because it doesn't know? I'd verify my reservations via a phone call to the hotel prior to heading out.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun May 24, 2020 9:15 am

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 7:56 am
lovinlife101 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 9:21 pm
It's cute that the Botox bimbo and the babbling BULLDYKE actually believe people are still listening to them.
No truer words have ever been spoken.
There is no doubt in my mind the Traverse City area was opened up due to pressure from civic leaders to get the tourist back by the holiday weekend.
Now my attitude towards anything she says is "Are you still talking?".
The whole zones thing is pretty boilerplate and lines up well with some of the other states actions (New York was doing this weeks before upstate) and I would argue the areas up north were actually overdue for being opened..

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Mon May 25, 2020 12:23 pm

So I thought Gretch was doing a pretty good job here in MI for the first couple of weeks till she had the stores rope off their paint aisles/home improvement, etc. Now call me crazy but I think it's got personal between her and those protestors. I think she's got thin skin and seeing the swastikas and dolls of her hanging by the noose which I certainly do not condone and think that is really crazy-- I have a friend of a friend who is Gretch's hair stylist goes out to Gretch's home and does her hair. So I see Big Gretch or Queen Gretchen can play "fast and loose" with the rules. I drove down to the Home of the Buckeyes this weekend, got a haircut and feel like a million bucks. I also went to a couple stores to get a few things that I would have to "make an appt" for - all in all $250 put into the state of Ohio economy. There were quite a few of my fellow Michiganders down there. I would just like to tell the hypocritical Big Gretch what's good for the goose is good for the Michigander. I wore the mask down there getting the haircut and while in the stores. At this point her and that AG of hers Nessel can go to hell.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed May 27, 2020 12:27 pm

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic