Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

I Support The Governor...

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

I Support The Governor...

Post by audiophile » Wed May 20, 2020 6:05 am

I support her Declaration of a State of Emergency for Midland County. Appropriate, timely, constitutional.

There was clear, imminent, identifiable threat and hazard.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Matt

Re: I Support The Governor...

Post by Matt » Wed May 20, 2020 9:42 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 9:19 am
audiophile wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 6:05 am
I support her Declaration of a State of Emergency for Midland County. Appropriate, timely, constitutional.

I don't.

She has simultaneous (look it up) orders to stay-at-home and evacuate!

She even had the nerve to tell evacuees to keep masks on and social distance!!!

THE WITCH!!!
I didn't even think of that! "Stay home, stay safe"

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed May 20, 2020 1:07 pm

Why didn't she make an Executive Order that NO dams can break during the COVID crisis?? Wouldn't that have saved a lot of property and potentially lives??

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed May 20, 2020 1:34 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 9:42 am
lovinlife101 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 9:19 am
audiophile wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 6:05 am

I don't.

She has simultaneous (look it up) orders to stay-at-home and evacuate!

She even had the nerve to tell evacuees to keep masks on and social distance!!!

THE WITCH!!!
I didn't even think of that! "Stay home, stay safe"
LOL, that IS Ironic!

Just in case some dummy was following it to the letter, she put this is her EO: "Any emergency order issued in response to the COVID-19 crisis is temporarily suspended to the extent such order impedes the emergency response effort under this declaration."

You are right, she did tell the evacuees to wear masks.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed May 20, 2020 9:54 pm

Evacuation from a natural disaster is essential travel. I don't think anyone would argue that point.

One purpose of the Executive Orders was to dissuade non-essential travel.

I do barely remember 1986 (September, right?) when some people were fearful that the massive Hardy Dam along the Muskegon River in Newaygo County would fail.

https://www.woodtv.com/news/michigan/of ... in-danger/

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun May 31, 2020 7:57 pm

For the first time ever, I find myself agreeing with something she said. So I will give credit where credit is due. Today, she said the following:
I’m angry not at the peaceful demonstrators who largely convened thoughtfully with the conviction of their cause. I’m angry at the people who are abusing this pain to further their own agendas. Those that came into communities of color under the guise of support, but who instigated violence and vandalism. They’ll leave the community they say they’re supporting. They’ll go home and it will be black businesses and communities that will be destroyed in their wake.
https://www.woodtv.com/news/michigan/wh ... o-rioting/

I'm sure this is a rare occasion, but nonetheless, I agree. More government officials in other states need to be critical of the rioters.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun May 31, 2020 8:58 pm

bmw wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 7:57 pm
For the first time ever, I find myself agreeing with something she said. So I will give credit where credit is due. Today, she said the following:
I’m angry not at the peaceful demonstrators who largely convened thoughtfully with the conviction of their cause. I’m angry at the people who are abusing this pain to further their own agendas. Those that came into communities of color under the guise of support, but who instigated violence and vandalism. They’ll leave the community they say they’re supporting. They’ll go home and it will be black businesses and communities that will be destroyed in their wake.

I'm sure this is a rare occasion, but nonetheless, I agree. More government officials in other states need to be critical of the rioters.
She struck the right tone there...

Deleted User 13307

Post by Deleted User 13307 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:11 am

Absolutely!

Although it's unlikely they will ever figure out who the outsiders were or where they came from (cough cough Chicago) last night in Grand Rapids, most believe strongly they weren't locals.

Don't know how true this is, but apparently the group terrorizing the mall in Sioux Falls tonight were bussed in after doing the same thing in Fargo.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:07 am

bmw wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 7:57 pm

I totally agree with what you posted and that her statement was good.

That said, she should also acknowledge (at some point) that her party's leadership does the same thing...."came into communities of color under the guise of support" and leave those same communities just as depressed and dependent on government support.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic