Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Re-Open Thread

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 13307

Re: Re-Open Thread

Post by Deleted User 13307 » Thu May 21, 2020 4:08 pm

The new stay home order will clarify that if you are not home and doing something that takes place away from home then you should go home after you're no longer doing that thing. Away from home.

So basically it'll say stay home unless you don't want to. But then, after your done not wanting to be at home, you should go home because, you know, you live there.

Unless you live in a van down by the river. Because then, clearly, you have no home to stay at home in. Unless your van has a fridge, a porta-potti, and a fake sunflower in a small vase.

It's perfectly clear!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu May 21, 2020 4:19 pm

Howard Jones wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 4:08 pm
The new stay home order will clarify that if you are not home and doing something that takes place away from home then you should go home after you're no longer doing that thing. Away from home.

So basically it'll say stay home unless you don't want to. But then, after your done not wanting to be at home, you should go home because, you know, you live there.

Unless you live in a van down by the river. Because then, clearly, you have no home to stay at home in. Unless your van has a fridge, a porta-potti, and a fake sunflower in a small vase.

It's perfectly clear!
Don’t denigrate my sunflower! It’s all I have!

ADD in TC

Post by ADD in TC » Thu May 21, 2020 6:27 pm

The way things are going in Traverse City, nothing will be open. 72 hours is not enough time to open, so everyone (except the professional drunkards bar) will be opening on Tuesday. Many operators just can't rehire, train, secure food and open in 72 hours. It was a bit unrealistic.

If you come for a visit, prepare to drink in a straight up bar, eat at the fast food restaurant of your choice, and sleep in your car.
while I can't speak for all places, I do know of at least three restaurants and 1 bar in TC that are opening on Friday this holiday weekend.Stupid for a number of reasons.Probably should of waited until at least Tuesday.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Thu May 21, 2020 8:27 pm

My friend Jim Carruthers is with the Governor today. As the Mayor of Traverse City, he represents that hard balance between safety and commerce. Jim has been working with our local chamber and the state to come up with a safe plan, not a political plan. I love that she phrased region 6 as "Greater Traverse City Area". In case anyone questioned that we have the most to risk.
Much of the population of Northern Michigan doesn't want to be associated with Traverse City, any more than most people outside of the City of Detroit want to be associated with Detroit. Most people I talk to think that Traverse City has badly planned roads that can't begin to handle the influx starting this weekend. Every outsider in Southern Michigan has been bottled up physically and emotionally for over two months. Now they'll be unleashed on Traverse City all at once. There'll be trouble, with fighting over limited seating in Restaurants and Bars, spilling into parking lots and the city at large and not social distancing.

Then there's an airport with a huqe footprint right in the middle that snarls traffic over the already inadequate roads. Then they want to cultivate some young hipster Bohemian image like a college town in the middle of nowhere. All the while eschewing the senior citizens that made it what it used to be to begin with.

Cadillac, Charlevoix, Houghton Lake, Petoskey, Harbor Springs, Cheboygan, Gaylord, Rogers City, Alpena, Oscoda, and Tawas City do not have these problems to nearly the same extent. They are really separate physically and economically. The closest to a "Greater Traverse City" that there Is is the TV Market. And the Traverse City radio stations do not serve all of Northern Michigan, only about a third of it in area, and half with simulcasts. The sunrise side is looked down upon, while it continues to have unspoiled beauty.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri May 22, 2020 5:14 pm

Stay Home Order now extended until June 12th. State of Emergency extended to June 19th. What is the status of the lawsuit? The Republicans appealed I imagine.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic