Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Michigan Democrats to censure lawmaker who thanked Trump, claim they “own” her

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Michigan Democrats to censure lawmaker who thanked Trump, claim they “own” her

Post by audiophile » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:56 pm

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

bmw

Re: Michigan Democrats to censure lawmaker who thanked Trump, claim they “own” her

Post by bmw » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:14 pm

Trump Derangement Syndrome in full effect. This woman NEARLY DIES and Dems are basically blacklisting one of their own for committing the unforgivable sin of thanking Donald Trump?

I'd love to see anybody in this forum try to defend this behavior by the party.

Rate This

Re: Michigan Democrats to censure lawmaker who thanked Trump, claim they “own” her

Post by Rate This » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:25 pm

bmw wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:14 pm
Trump Derangement Syndrome in full effect. This woman NEARLY DIES and Dems are basically blacklisting one of their own for committing the unforgivable sin of thanking Donald Trump?

She also did several other things earlier in the year not related to Trump that raised their ire and this looks like a continuation of that. Remember though that it’s an organization that is free to revoke membership in or punish a member for any reason they see fit. If helping to promote a treatment that is questionable at best is something they don’t like than so be it. The AMA reviewed study on the drug that was just terminated because the primary outcome was DEATH shows why they would prefer she not just roll out there promoting this.

Republicans didn’t like their folks working with Obama either... it’s all the same. Pick a color.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:49 pm

bmw wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:14 pm

Rumor has it this was ordered by Gov. Karen herself.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:22 am

Rate This, are you working for the DNC? :razz

They are free to kick her of their cult that also thinks baby sacrifice is ok, but it went well beyond that. It's not defensible and shows how close minded they really are.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:38 am

Slavery? Not sure exactly what you mean...but I have a thought on that:

These are Dems are like the former slaves of Egypt, wanting to go back the slavery!

I took a generation to finally clear their stupidity and shortsightedness.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:55 am

audiophile wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:38 am

These are Dems are like the former slaves of Egypt, wanting to go back the slavery!

I think the "slavery" referenced is the insinuation that it's been made clear that you must do what you're told/not have a mind of your own if you want to be in that party. It's not a literal 1:1 match but rather a 21st century adaptation. It's also worth reminding that the Democrat Party has always been the party of slavery.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:08 am

Matt wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:55 am
audiophile wrote:

I think the "slavery" referenced is the insinuation that it's been made clear that you must do what you're told/not have a mind of your own if you want to be in that party. It's not a literal 1:1 match but rather a 21st century adaptation. It's also worth reminding that the Democrat Party has always been the party of slavery.
Until they were the party of segregation and then we realigned in the mid 60’s and the segregationists became Republicans. Too bad.

The republicans are famous for their litmus tests and throwing people out for being RINO’s so you don’t have much room to talk.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:49 am

Rate This wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:08 am
Matt wrote:
audiophile wrote:

Until they were the party of segregation and then we realigned in the mid 60’s and the segregationists became Republicans. Too bad.

The republicans are famous for their litmus tests and throwing people out for being RINO’s so you don’t have much room to talk.
Mitt Romney? John McCain? Ron Paul? 2 of the three were former nominees. Try again...

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:52 am

Matt wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:49 am
Rate This wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:08 am
Matt wrote:
audiophile wrote:

Mitt Romney? John McCain? Ron Paul? 2 of the three were former nominees. Try again...
After John McCain voted on Obamacare when they wheeled him in he was vilified in the party... Mitt Romney has been vilified in the party for voting to hear witnesses. They were both nominees in a Republican Party that exists in name only now. The party of Trump and the one that nominated the two of them are two completely different things that simply use the same name. One is still extent... the other is defunct.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:02 pm

That's how it works these days. Just tow your party line no matter how crazy it is. You get tossed on your ass if you have a thought or something nice to say that, aligns with the opposing party.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu May 21, 2020 6:27 pm

She has apparently sued Governor Whitmer. For what? Who knows.

https://www.newsweek.com/michigan-democ ... er-1505840

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu May 21, 2020 6:32 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 6:27 pm
She has apparently sued Governor Whitmer. For what? Who knows.

https://www.newsweek.com/michigan-democ ... er-1505840
She has some beefs that predate Covid with the Governor and state party... I think the governor and party view her as a problem member.. the Trump thing was simply a last straw...

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu May 21, 2020 8:12 pm

Legal actions against Governor Whitmer by Michigan Republicans have largely failed. Thursday, a lawsuit filed by the Michigan GOP which attempted to limit Whitmer's authority was tossed out by Michigan Court of Claims Judge Cynthia Stephens.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic