Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

It is time for mail in voting

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

It is time for mail in voting

Post by Matt » Thu May 07, 2020 5:15 pm

Jocelyn Benson was so insistent the other day that voting can happen safely and securely without fraud. I am so convinced that she is right that I think we should immediately send out ballots to be returned by May 28 with one simple question: "Should Governor Whitmer be removed from office immediately?"

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Re: It is time for mail in voting

Post by Rate This » Thu May 07, 2020 6:32 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 5:15 pm
Jocelyn Benson was so insistent the other day that voting can happen safely and securely without fraud. I am so convinced that she is right that I think we should immediately send out ballots to be returned by May 28 with one simple question: "Should Governor Whitmer be removed from office immediately?"
Fantastic... and you would likely lose 60-40 or so.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu May 07, 2020 6:42 pm

Rate This wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 6:32 pm
Matt wrote:
I wouldn't be so confident.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu May 07, 2020 6:45 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 6:42 pm
Rate This wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 6:32 pm
Matt wrote:
I wouldn't be so confident.
I’m quite confident.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu May 07, 2020 6:46 pm

I am too. #Data #Science
A poll released Monday from the Detroit Regional Chamber and the Glengariff Group found that 57% of Michiganders approved of Whitmer's handling of the crisis compared to 37% who disapproved.

Meanwhile, Michigan residents disapproved of the president's actions by a net negative margin of six percentage points, with 44% approving and 50% disapproving.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu May 07, 2020 7:01 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 6:46 pm
I am too. #Data #Science
A poll released Monday from the Detroit Regional Chamber and the Glengariff Group found that 57% of Michiganders approved of Whitmer's handling of the crisis compared to 37% who disapproved.

Meanwhile, Michigan residents disapproved of the president's actions by a net negative margin of six percentage points, with 44% approving and 50% disapproving.
I don't believe that poll. Not enough people were asked. How can we believe what a poll is showing? Let's test its accuracy by asking EVERY Michigander. There is some real science for you! No more hypothesis needed!

Oh, Mr. TC Talks, I'm sure its just an oversight, but you haven't apologized for misidentifying a fellow Bernie Sandera supporters. The place to do that is here: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 39&t=50387

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu May 07, 2020 7:07 pm

"La La La La La.... If I don't look at it, it's not true..." -Matt

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu May 07, 2020 7:08 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 7:07 pm
"La La La La La.... If I don't look at it, it's not true..."
Well, at least you're admitting your philosophy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu May 07, 2020 7:23 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 7:01 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 6:46 pm
I am too. #Data #Science

I don't believe that poll. Not enough people were asked. How can we believe what a poll is showing? Let's test its accuracy by asking EVERY Michigander. There is some real science for you! No more hypothesis needed!

Oh, Mr. TC Talks, I'm sure its just an oversight, but you haven't apologized for misidentifying a fellow Bernie Sandera supporters. The place to do that is here: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 39&t=50387
This is now the 3rd one to show similar numbers.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu May 07, 2020 8:04 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Oh Great
Using Shutterstock photos for free.

You just screwed a photographer out of a commission. As someone who has one of his images used by Shutterstock in their marketing, and someone who counts on those commissions to feed my family, I'm a bit pissed.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu May 07, 2020 8:52 pm

Bryce wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 8:04 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Oh Great

You just screwed a photographer out of a commission. As someone who has one of his images used by Shutterstock in their marketing, and someone who counts on those commissions to feed my family, I'm a bit pissed.
I bet you google can give me 500,000 more shutterstock images...

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu May 07, 2020 9:05 pm

Rate This wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 8:52 pm
Bryce wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Oh Great

Sure it will, see the watermark? Means it's copyrighted. Your supposed to pay licensing to use it.

Google will also find you thousands of images that aren't licenced or watermarked.. Use those if you don't want to pay

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu May 07, 2020 9:20 pm

Bryce wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 9:05 pm
Rate This wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 8:52 pm
Bryce wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Oh Great

Sure it will, see the watermark? Means it's copyrighted. Your supposed to pay licensing to use it.

Google will also find you thousands of images that aren't licenced or watermarked.. Use those if you don't want to pay
Very true, and I know what the watermark means... I’m also pointing out that using something that’s not yours like that is pretty free market. Google giveth so why payeth? Has someone a moral obligation to do so? Obviously there is a legal one but doesn’t that only apply to making money off it? Wouldn’t the post constitute a private home use?

I want to be clear this is all an academic exercise. I would never use watermarked images without permission and proper payment. It also means I would just tend to avoid such images.

I have a fundamental problem with copyrighting something that happens thousands of times a week because someone happened to click a button on a camera. It’s dangerously close to copyrighting the color blue in my mind.

The worst one is the Andy Warhol drawing of the Tomato Soup can... I can go to the store and pay .60 for the same thing that this guy made millions from. And he copyrighted it.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu May 07, 2020 9:36 pm

How many people hung a Campbell's soup can on their wall before he painted it?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu May 07, 2020 9:44 pm

Bryce wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 9:36 pm
How many people hung a Campbell's soup can on their wall before he painted it?
Probably nobody... but is a painted photocopy really art?

Kind of reminds me of the banana duck taped to the wall that sold for $150,000 or something last year. A performance artist broke into a gallery exhibiting this “art” and ate the banana... that was his “art”. Something tells me I’m in the wrong business.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic