Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Whitmer says abortion is life-sustaining

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Whitmer says abortion is life-sustaining

Post by Matt » Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:52 am

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/michig ... ealth-care

What an abhorrent, absolutely wretched woman.

I understand there are some cases where an abortion happens to save a mothers life, but that would likely happen in an ER. To say that elective abortions are essential and dental visits are not is the most sanctimonious ideologically-based bullshit statement that I've likely ever heard.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

**This space lives rent-free in BMW's head**

audiophile

Re: Whitmer says abortion is life-sustaining

Post by audiophile » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:09 am

audiophile wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:24 am
"Gretchen Whitmer Is A Ghoul" - On MI Gov Banning Needed Surgeries but other non-essential ones are ok as long as it's politically expedient...

Stinging expose of the governor. This video brought to you by Whitmer's hypocrisy and political posturing.
I think the best point is made at the end of this video:

"They are devaluing their own legitimacy...and that's dangerous over time."
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:29 pm

Matt wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:52 am

I understand there are some cases where an abortion happens to save a mothers life, but that would likely happen in an ER. To say that elective abortions are essential and dental visits are not is the most sanctimonious ideologically-based bullshit statement that I've likely ever heard.
Abortions would seem to be more time sensitive. Dental stuff is rather infinitely correctable.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:18 pm

I'm confused. If abortions aren't an "elective" medical procedure then how is it a woman's "choice" on what to do with her body??

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:23 pm

audiophile wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:09 am
audiophile wrote:
"Gretchen Whitmer Is A Ghoul" - On MI Gov Banning Needed Surgeries but other non-essential ones are ok as long as it's politically expedient...
Stinging expose of the governor. This video brought to you by Whitmer's hypocrisy and political posturing.

You're a free market adovcate. Either piss off already or let's start regulating Churches foray into State issues.

Women will continue to have abortions despite your "voodoo" scriptures. I just want them to have safe and healthy options.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:27 pm

km1125 wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:18 pm
I'm confused. If abortions aren't an "elective" medical procedure then how is it a woman's "choice" on what to do with her body??
It’s elective but it’s also time sensitive...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:49 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:29 pm
Matt wrote:

Abortions would seem to be more time sensitive. Dental stuff is rather infinitely correctable.
If you get an infection in your root you wouldn't saying that. It could kill you.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:04 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:23 pm
audiophile wrote:
audiophile wrote:

You're a free market adovcate. Either piss off already or let's start regulating Churches foray into State issues.

Women will continue to have abortions despite your "voodoo" scriptures. I just want them to have safe and healthy options.
I don't know of any churches involved in SIP. Besides religious freedom is guaranteed by the constitution, so neither of us can take it away, so maybe take your own advice?

I didn't write that verse, if you have trouble with it, take it up with God! Anyone that get torqued off at that scripture I'd advise them to check their heart, besides your good works won't get you to heaven. Good works are like fithly rags...See Isaiah 64:6

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:18 pm

audiophile wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:04 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:23 pm
audiophile wrote:
audiophile wrote:

I don't know of any churches involved in SIP. Besides religious freedom is guaranteed by the constitution, so neither of us can take it away, so maybe take your own advice?

I didn't write that verse, if you have trouble with it, take it up with God! Anyone that get torqued off at that scripture I'd advise them to check their heart, besides your good works won't get you to heaven. Good works are like fithly rags...See Isaiah 64:6
God didn’t write it either.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:27 pm

Matthew wrote it down.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:28 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:20 pm
Child abuse is more defendable than abortion. At least the child lives.
True.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:35 pm

Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:

Dental hygiene and maintenance is infinitely more essential than abortion. Its been decided that dental work that is not an emergency is not essential, and the same should be true of abortion. If nothing else, you have to be able to acknowledge the statement that abortion is life-sustaining is absolutel bullshit.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:58 pm

Matt wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:35 pm
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:

Dental hygiene and maintenance is infinitely more essential than abortion. Its been decided that dental work that is not an emergency is not essential, and the same should be true of abortion. If nothing else, you have to be able to acknowledge the statement that abortion is life-sustaining is absolutel bullshit.
At best it seems Grey...

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:07 pm

The goal of an abortion is to end life. If you're more comfortable with potential life, I can reasonably make that concession for argument's sake, but it is objectively wrong to call all abortion life-sustaining.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:39 pm

Matt wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:07 pm
The goal of an abortion is to end life. If you're more comfortable with potential life, I can reasonably make that concession for argument's sake, but it is objectively wrong to call all abortion life-sustaining.
Make your concession and we will agree.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic