Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

4 sanctuary counties now exist in Michigan

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
JackAttack FM

Re: 4 sanctuary counties now exist in Michigan

Post by JackAttack FM » Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:05 pm

Their "deaIing with every case as an individual situation," is exactly in-line with the state attorney general's guidance on how to enforce the governor's order. Which is assess the situation, determine if it violates the order. Then notify the person they are violating it and ask the person to stop.
If they don't the police officer can issue a ticket and report the incident to the attorney general's office.

You have to be naive to believe this is anything more than politcal grandstanding.
All they're doing is pacifying their constituents using the guidelines already in place for the whole state.
Any police officer, like a state trooper or city police officer can issue a citation.

Theses aren't couties with many people to enforce anyway. Each county has a populations less then 30,000 representing about 90,000 altogether. The average population density for all four counties is 55 people per square mile. Making this whole topic laughable.

Also:
In the state of Michigan there are only two possible ways to force a state elected official from office.  A successful recall election or a removal order issued by the governor.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:12 pm

I can understand Leelanau and Benzie... Neither have more than 60 retail businesses and with the park closed, there really isn't a need to have the same restrictions. I don't understand why they choose to thumb there nose at the law.

I don't know much about Manistee county, but the city has it's own police who are enforcing the law.

I have noticed that a number of off limits businesses have moved up to work in those countries. The greenhouses in the county are not open.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:15 pm

JackAttack FM wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:05 pm
Their "deaIing with every case as an individual situation," is exactly in-line with the state attorney general's guidance on how to enforce the governor's order. Which is assess the situation, determine if it violates the order. Then notify the person they are violating it and ask the person to stop.
If they don't the police officer can issue a ticket and report the incident to the attorney general's office.

You have to be naive to believe this is anything more than politcal grandstanding.
All they're doing is pacifying their constituents using the guidelines already in place for the whole state.
Any police officer, like a state trooper or city police officer can issue a citation.

Theses aren't couties with many people to enforce anyway. Each county has a populations less then 30,000 representing about 90,000 altogether. The average population density for all four counties is 55 people per square mile. Making this whole topic laughable.

Also:
In the state of Michigan there are only two possible ways to force a state elected official from office.  A successful recall election or a removal order issued by the governor.
Ding!

PS I assume you referring to a Sheriff being removed.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:38 pm

audiophile wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:15 pm
JackAttack FM wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:05 pm

Also:
Ding!

PS I assume you referring to a Sheriff being removed.
It's always enjoyable when someone who sanctimoniously says "you don't know how things work" is proven wrong.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic