Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Stupidity In Latest Executive Order

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Shuts Up

Stupidity In Latest Executive Order

Post by TC Shuts Up » Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:45 pm

I finally got to read most of the Executive Order. Before now, it skipped every other page.

The ultimate stupidity is that people are still able to travel FROM OTHER STATES INTO MICHIGAN to their RESIDENCES IN MICHIGAN, and FROM THEIR RESIDENCES IN MICHIGAN to their RESIDENCES IN OTHER STATES.

BUT IT IS NOT PERMITTED TO TRAVEL BETWEEN TWO RESIDENCES IN THE SAME STATE.

I GUESS IF YOU HAD A RESIDENCE IN ARIZONA OR FLORIDA, AND TWO IN MICHIGAN, YOU COULD LEAVE FOR FLORIDA AND COME BACK TO YOUR OTHER RESIDENCE. OR BETTER YET, TRAVELING BETWEEN MICHAEL MOORE'S RESIDENCE IN NEW YORK CITY AND HIS RESIDENCE NEAR TRAVERSE CITY.

THIS IS JUST PLAIN STUPID.

[sarcasm] Thank you for writing that inflammatory letter, James Janisse, because of your hatred and envy of people with more than one residence, and Whitmer for responding. I'll be waiting for your apologies when you have ruined the tourism industry in Michigan. [/sarcasm]

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

bmw

Re: Stupidity In Latest Executive Order

Post by bmw » Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:29 pm

It's worse than that. You can't travel "between two residences."

By my interpretation of that language, you can travel:

Betwen Residence 1 and the grocery store.
Then between the grocery store and Residence 2.

It is the same concept as commuter vs. business miles when you write off travel expenses as a contractor. If I go straight from my house to an on-site appointment and back home, those are all commuter miles and I can't write any of them off. But if on my way I stop at my shop to pick up something I need for the job, then on my way back stop at the post office to mail a business-related piece of mail, I can write off the miles between my shop to the on-site appointment and then to the post office.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:07 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:45 pm
bmw wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:29 pm
It's worse than that. You can't travel "between two residences."
The real question is, which home will Bernie choose?
Yours. Enjoy.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:36 pm

James Janisse should expect a HUQE influx into Elk Rapids before Midnight. That's what deadlines do. They seldom result in orderly movement of people.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:14 pm

These Executive Orders are written by LAWYERS, who likely have never mowed a lawn in their whole life, particularly female lawyers. The LAWYERS who work for government are usually second and third generation government workers, who don't have a lick of common sense, because they never had to make it in the private sector.
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:06 pm

This impacts absolutely none of you. Nice of you to care so much for the entitled class.

Look up the word Patsy some time. In the meantime, keep crying in your ignorance.

“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:25 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:06 pm
This impacts absolutely none of you. Nice of you to care so much for the entitled class.

Look up the word Patsy some time. In the meantime, keep crying in your ignorance.

The order impacts me directly. I have a cottage, on a lake, about a hour away from my primary residence.

I normally spend a couple days a week there training the dogs.

If I were to obey the spirit of the law, I wouldn't go there. But, because I will need food and beer while I'm there, I will obey the letter of the law.

I do believe the primary objective was to keep families getting together on Easter though.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:03 pm

I am sure the 1281 people who have died in Michigan and the thousands who will die if we don't manage spread properly by staying in place weep at your inconvenience.

A woman from my church is in ICU, maybe I can arrange to have you tell her your burden via FaceTime.
― Matt

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:17 pm

Over 3,000 people a day, worldwide, loose their life in auto accidents.

Have you given up driving?

If you never drive or ride in a car, you won't die in a auto accident.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:46 pm

You didn't do well in math or history did you. I am betting that if this was the time when seatbelts became mandatory, you'd be complaining about that. You just like to complain.

1280 dead in 3 weeks in a community of 10,000,000.

The two topics are completely unrelated.
― Matt

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:58 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:17 pm

If you can prove to me that these people contract Covid-19 by choice we can talk... otherwise this comparison does not compute. We aren’t even in the same zip code subject wise...

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:14 pm

Rate This wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:58 pm
Bryce wrote:

If you can prove to me that these people contract Covid-19 by choice we can talk... otherwise this comparison does not compute. We aren’t even in the same zip code subject wise...
Contract or died? I thought we were talking about the ones who died.

The vast majority of people who die from the virus have underlying health conditions. Many (not all) of these various health conditions come as a direct result of one's lifestyle, and hence, personal choice.

I'd be curious to know what percentage of those who die had an underlying health condition that came as a direct result of that person's personal lifestyle choices.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:16 pm

What would interesting to know is the total number of deaths on a weekly basis. ALL DEATHS.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:16 pm

TC Talks. Why don't you call your buddy Michael Moore personally and tell him to keep his fat butt out of Traverse City this year. And to cancel his stupid Film Festival. If you really cared, you'd do it.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:19 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:14 pm
Rate This wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:58 pm
Bryce wrote:

Contract or died? I thought we were talking about the ones who died.

The vast majority of people who die from the virus have underlying health conditions. Many (not all) of these various health conditions come as a direct result of one's lifestyle, and hence, personal choice.

I'd be curious to know what percentage of those who die had an underlying health condition that came as a direct result of that person's personal lifestyle choices.
That’s a bit of a stretch... they rode in a car, got in an accident and died. That’s one thing. An obvious risk.

I didn’t work out enough and had asthma and got coronavirus and died seems far less obvious. It isn’t the same kind of choice. One is pretty direct and the other one you have to make a couple of extensions to complete the circuit. It’s just not quite the same thing.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic