Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Mike Shirkey wants to kill citizens

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Mike Shirkey wants to kill citizens

Post by TC Talks » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:04 pm

Maybe he will soon be invited to the White House to mingle.
MIchigan’s Republican-led Legislature will work with Democratic Gov. Gretchen Whitmer to continue some COVID-19 safeguards, but mask mandates and business regulations are likely on the chopping block following a state Supreme Court ruling that upended Whitmer’s emergency power, Senate Majority Leader Mike Shirkey said Saturday.

Shirkey and other Senate Republicans met by Zoom early Saturday as they and their legal counsel assessed the impact of the late Friday ruling that found unconstitutional a 1945 law Whitmer has used to repeatedly extend a state of emergency without legislative approval.

Shirkey told Bridge he expects a federal court could act on the decision and begin to invalidate Whitmer executive orders as soon as next week. The governor has claimed that cannot happen for at least 21 days under Supreme Court rules.

"Technically, the executive orders are still in place, [but] I don't know that anybody's going to enforce them,” Shirkey said. “If you're a gambling man, if you're talking handicapping, it's likely that most of them, if not all, will be terminated."

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic