Acceptable registrations in the queue through November 21 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Whitmer Misses The Mark

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Re: Whitmer Misses The Mark

Post by audiophile » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:32 am

TC Talks wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 7:25 am
audiophile wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 9:51 pm
It's possible that the 1945 law could be found unconstitutional.
you are in an incredible minority of people. Just sit back it'll be done before you know it.
WRONG! I will known as the person that sided with the constitution.
TC Talks wrote:
You don't want to be known as the person who sided with the racists and the Nazis.
The Governor's order looks more like something associated with Nazi's.
TC Talks wrote:
Who is crying now? Gretchen!

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:49 am

bmw wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:32 am
Good call audio. My reasoning was just a tad bit different. I didn't think that the 1945 statute in and of itself was unconstitutional as was Whitmer's veto of the legislature's attempt to take back the power it rightfully owned in the first place. In other words, I didn't necessarily take issue with the legislature delegating such power to the governor, but they should have been able to take that power back whenever they wanted, and Whitmer's veto effectively prevented that.
True.

it is kind of nasty that once you give someone inch they take a mile, and then they take your coat too.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:03 am

Happy that Bitchmer lost in the Michigan Supreme Court and can't abuse her power anymore. Seem like Wisconsin Supreme Court got that case faster than in Michigan which I don't get in the spring and took until Oct to get the ruling.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic