Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Whitmer Misses The Mark

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Re: Whitmer Misses The Mark

Post by Bryce » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:52 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:43 pm
Matt wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:09 pm
I wasn't aware votes have been cast.
The data we have say he is a massive underdog. Too bad.
Just to keep you somewhat grounded, the "data" "We" had not that long ago showed there were going to be 2.2 million deaths in the US due to Covid-19 and over 500,000 in the UK.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:26 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:52 pm
Rate This wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:43 pm
Matt wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:09 pm
I wasn't aware votes have been cast.
The data we have say he is a massive underdog. Too bad.
Just to keep you somewhat grounded, the "data" "We" had not that long ago showed there were going to be 2.2 million deaths in the US due to Covid-19 and over 500,000 in the UK.
That was without distancing. We distanced and it worked to reduce the death toll. Nice of you to omit that little nugget...

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:20 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:02 pm
Lucky615 wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:47 pm
Rate This wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:32 pm
Lucky615 wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:23 pm
Rate This wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:13 am
Matt wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:35 am
lovinlife101 wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:47 am
She wants to cock block a Trump rally in Michigan, but would welcome blowjob Biden with open mouths if he came to town.
In all fairness, a Biden rally would comply with number of attendee restrictions. A Trump rally would not, despite what RT's "polls" say.
My “polls” show him getting crushed in Florida... double digits. Too bad for you.

How did that Tulsa rally with 4000 people in a 19,000 seat arena go? There was plenty of distancing in the upper deck...
If your “polls” were paper I’d wipe my ass with them.
Fantastic, we can always count on your thoughtful insight.
Which is better than your dumb ass “polls”.
I’m just writing down what it says. Sorry your guy is losing. Not my fault. I’m just the messenger.
The only pole I pay attention to is the stripper pole at my neighborhood tit bar. You can post all the “polls” between now and November 3 but the end result will be revealed on the morning of November 4th.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:27 pm

As long as what’s on the pole has more cushion for the Pushin we have a deal. If your offering sticks I’ll raise you stones.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:35 pm

An appeals court has ruled gyms must remain closed after all.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:39 pm

What a despicable ruling not at all based in fact. Not sure how the appeals court bought the "trust us" defense.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:40 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:39 pm
What a despicable ruling not at all based in fact. Not sure how the appeals court bought the "trust us" defense.
The Government is given wide latitude in matters like this. I assume the only recourse is an appeal to the US Supreme Court as it was a Federal case I think?

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:52 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:40 pm
Matt wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:39 pm
The Government is given wide latitude in matters like this. I assume the only recourse is an appeal to the US Supreme Court as it was a Federal case I think?
Unfortunately, all 3 were Republican appointees.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Deleted User 13307

Post by Deleted User 13307 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:58 pm

It was an emergency stay -- meaning the gyms can't open until the court actually hears the case.

They haven't yet ruled on the merits of the case.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:12 pm

Howard Jones wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:58 pm
It was an emergency stay -- meaning the gyms can't open until the court actually hears the case.

They haven't yet ruled on the merits of the case.
Not over yet... a small Whitmer win then.

ADD in TC

Post by ADD in TC » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:25 pm

TC Talks wrote:
I speak with many restaurant owners and nobody is planning on opening until August for dine in. There's been a lot of research and none of it points to people being excited about dining in nicer restaurants for quite a while. The high value fine dining client is 50+, and they have greater reason to be cautious. There is an occasional younger diner but not enough to keep those restaurants profitable.
While I can't speak for restaurants on a statewide basisi,I can only think of four possibly five restaurants/brewpubs that haven't been open since the first week of June here in the greater Traverse City area.Two shut down on a permanent basis (Little Bohemian which has been for sale for many months,and The Franklin, which always had a tough time getting enough volume through there doors,from my understanding).The other closed places that I know of include The Cooks House, which seems to be run by a couple of kooks,J&S Hamburg on South Airport,and possibly Georginas which is in the process of moving.

As far as I can tell the two biggest problems these operators are facing is...

Most places (not all)are seating at about 70% legally of normal volume.(50% capacity just means half of maximum number of people allowed in an establishment determened by the fire marshal,plus the seating being 6 feet apart).Less seating means less income.

And many employers are in very desperate need for employees as a lot fewer people are applying for open positions because they can receive an extra 600 hundred dollars a week by just collecting unemployment.I know both North Peak and the Blue Tractor are not able to open weekday lunches because of this.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:50 am

ADD in TC wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:25 pm
TC Talks wrote:
I speak with many restaurant owners and nobody is planning on opening until August for dine in. There's been a lot of research and none of it points to people being excited about dining in nicer restaurants for quite a while. The high value fine dining client is 50+, and they have greater reason to be cautious. There is an occasional younger diner but not enough to keep those restaurants profitable.
While I can't speak for restaurants on a statewide basisi,I can only think of four possibly five restaurants/brewpubs that haven't been open since the first week of June here in the greater Traverse City area.Two shut down on a permanent basis (Little Bohemian which has been for sale for many months,and The Franklin, which always had a tough time getting enough volume through there doors,from my understanding).The other closed places that I know of include The Cooks House, which seems to be run by a couple of kooks,J&S Hamburg on South Airport,and possibly Georginas which is in the process of moving.

As far as I can tell the two biggest problems these operators are facing is...

Most places (not all)are seating at about 70% legally of normal volume.(50% capacity just means half of maximum number of people allowed in an establishment determened by the fire marshal,plus the seating being 6 feet apart).Less seating means less income.

And many employers are in very desperate need for employees as a lot fewer people are applying for open positions because they can receive an extra 600 hundred dollars a week by just collecting unemployment.I know both North Peak and the Blue Tractor are not able to open weekday lunches because of this.
So... another example of TCT being completely wrong and/or full of shit?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:56 am

in other words, when tc talks, put your boots on?

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:58 am

audiophile wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:56 am
in other words, when tc talks, put your boots on?
Waders... boots aren’t tall enough...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:02 am

:rollin

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic