Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Whitmer Misses The Mark

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Whitmer Misses The Mark

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:31 am

I think the question needs to be asked why Beaumont, Henry Ford Health System, and others who make oodles and oodles and oodles of money have not taken it upon themselves to properly stockpile supplies for a pandemic.

Yes, the government (both state and federal) should be properly prepared, too. But should private medical care conglomerates be given a free pass?

Of course, you won't see our pathetic local news media ask that very question. They don't want to offend the sources of major advertising dollars!

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:39 am

Maybe each state should pass a law and have inspectors for common supplies.

Hey but right now we got to stop Jo Ann's from selling silk flowers curbside!

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:36 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:31 am
They don't want to offend the sources of major advertising dollars!
Same reason Whitmer won't shut down the state lottery. Too big a source of money for state government.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:49 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:48 am
This time around just last week she threatened administrative action against Doctors for prescribing hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine to treat Coronavirus cases:

https://www.michigan.gov/documents/lara ... 4869_7.pdf

Now, she's on board with the drug, having "requested hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine from the Strategic National Stockpile for physicians to use to help treat patients with COVID-19"
THANK GOODNESS she changed her mind.
You realize there is still no evidence that it works and that taking it indiscriminately could kill people right?

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:52 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:49 pm
You realize there is still no evidence that it works and that taking it indiscriminately could kill people right?
So don't take it indiscriminately. It is still by prescription only. Are you suggesting that the doctors prescribing it don't know what they're doing?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:53 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:52 pm
Rate This wrote:
So don't take it indiscriminately. It is still by prescription only. Are you suggesting that the doctors prescribing it don't know what they're doing?
With no evidence that it is effective in treating it... it’s essentially “here try this”.... that’s the textbook definition of not knowing what you’re doing. It would be like asking them to try an herbal remedy or grind up the scales of a Pangolin for ancient Chinese Medicine.... There is no more than anecdotal evidence that this stuff is effective while we know the side effects of this drug can be rather grave. Suddenly giving it to somebody full bore could harm them in other ways or even kill them.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:04 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:53 pm
bmw wrote:
Rate This wrote:
With no evidence that it is effective in treating it... it’s essentially “here try this”.... that’s the textbook definition of not knowing what you’re doing. It would be like asking them to try an herbal remedy or grind up the scales of a Pangolin for ancient Chinese Medicine.... There is no more than anecdotal evidence that this stuff is effective while we know the side effects of this drug can be rather grave. Suddenly giving it to somebody full bore could harm them in other ways or even kill them.
So you're smarter than the doctors prescribing it. Got it.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:05 pm

bmw wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:59 pm
If I had to make a prediction, there will be a deal for a 23-day extension with no strings attached.
Just as I predicted. 23 days.

https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/michig ... by-23-days

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:11 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:04 pm
Rate This wrote:
bmw wrote:
Rate This wrote:
No.. I’m just saying that we need to do proper testing to figure out whether it works. The doctors prescribing it are literally just guessing. Rather than roll out there with a haphazard announcement Trump should have ordered such trials to begin and when it was proven to work had it announced as a tool to fight the virus. Instead we are guessing how well it’ll work while people who need it can’t get it. There’s a reason Fauci is saying it’s not proven beyond anecdotes... I think he IS smarter than many of your average GP’s...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:07 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:05 pm
bmw wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:59 pm
If I had to make a prediction, there will be a deal for a 23-day extension with no strings attached.
Just as I predicted. 23 days.

https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/michig ... by-23-days

Nice try by Governor Whitmer, but the legislature wasn't buying it:
Prior to the vote, there was even confusion over when Whitmer's order officially ended. After issuing a disaster declaration last week, Whitmer claimed the clock on her emergency powers was reset.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:32 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:11 pm
bmw wrote:
Rate This wrote:
bmw wrote:
Rate This wrote:
No.. I’m just saying that we need to do proper testing to figure out whether it works. The doctors prescribing it are literally just guessing. Rather than roll out there with a haphazard announcement Trump should have ordered such trials to begin and when it was proven to work had it announced as a tool to fight the virus. Instead we are guessing how well it’ll work while people who need it can’t get it. There’s a reason Fauci is saying it’s not proven beyond anecdotes... I think he IS smarter than many of your average GP’s...
There is PLENTY of evidence that it is effective, just no clinical trials at this point.

Is anybody else wondering how much Gilbert is going to make by providing the Suburban Collection Showplace as a temp medical facility?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:30 am

Another person I know in the industry was saved with the anti-malaria drug. This person was high risk.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:31 pm

Anyone want to wager on what tomorrow's extension will be?

I'm hoping it has the following elements:

-A clear plan forward, meaning if the extension announced tomorrow has a definitive end
-A plan for how phased reopening can happen. Bonus points if phased reopening starts prior to 4/13
-Evidence that there is a solid plan in place for future occurrences. There is significant evidence that we've mostly done what has been asked of us as Michigan residents

What I expect is an extension to 4/30 and bitching about the federal government.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:56 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:31 pm
Anyone want to wager on what tomorrow's extension will be?

I'm hoping it has the following elements:

-A clear plan forward, meaning if the extension announced tomorrow has a definitive end
-A plan for how phased reopening can happen. Bonus points if phased reopening starts prior to 4/13
-Evidence that there is a solid plan in place for future occurrences. There is significant evidence that we've mostly done what has been asked of us as Michigan residents

What I expect is an extension to 4/30 and bitching about the federal government.
Extension to 4/30 and after that a gradual reopening.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:56 pm

km1125 wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:32 pm
Rate This wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:11 pm
bmw wrote:
Rate This wrote:
bmw wrote:
Rate This wrote:
There is PLENTY of evidence that it is effective, just no clinical trials at this point.

Is anybody else wondering how much Gilbert is going to make by providing the Suburban Collection Showplace as a temp medical facility?
The French study so oft cited by Trump has been disavowed by the society that published it...
https://apple.news/AyLBVB7FATgiJ0zcyix1aQw

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic