Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Trump administration blocking PPE and other supplies to Michigan

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Re: Trump administration blocking PPE and other supplies to Michigan

Post by TC Talks » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:37 pm

Whitmer isn't playing games with first responder's lives, that would be Trump.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:54 pm

Trump has been trying to update us on certain health breakthroughs

- We now have a 5 minute COVID19 test, and he over promised the time to market (we won't have millions to people in a week)

- A vaccine is Soooo close (still 13 month but who's counting).

- They are testing Plasma derived therapy (It's Plasma not Plausma).

- Every time he gets off script he's totally lost and starts babbling like an idiot.

- He said Azithromycin (a really big word for The Donald) and he paused. I think he surprised himself.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:11 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:37 pm
If Whitmer really wanted to stop the spread of the virus in our state, she would draw a horizontal line across the lower peninsula somewhere around Bay City and forbid all but essential travel crossing that line. 99% of confirmed cases are south of that line. BUT, that would tick off her Democrat voting base. I don't think she cares much about the hicks up north who vote Republican.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:27 pm

bmw wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:11 pm
TC Talks wrote:
If Whitmer really wanted to stop the spread of the virus in our state, she would draw a horizontal line across the lower peninsula somewhere around Bay City and forbid all but essential travel crossing that line. 99% of confirmed cases are south of that line. BUT, that would tick off her Democrat voting base. I don't think she cares much about the hicks up north who vote Republican.
That would cut off a lot of the people who go south for essential services not available up there. I don’t think that’s easily justified.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:26 pm

bmw wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:11 pm
TC Talks wrote:
I agree, I wouldn't want to have a New York license plate right now.

But just a few days ago you wanted everyone out and spending money. What changed in 6 days? Is science finally getting to your judgement?

Whitmer has a cottage in Elk Rapids and she directly contradicted one of her biggest supporters by refusing to advocate for downstate people to stay where there are more resources. It's been a hard pill.

― Noam Chomsky

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic