Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer expected to issue coronavirus ‘Stay at home’ order

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 24

Re: Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer expected to issue coronavirus ‘Stay at home’ order

Post by Deleted User 24 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:27 pm

Both Henry Ford Health System and Beaumont Health System have announced that they are at capacity. Does anyone still think this isn't a big deal?

Rate This

Re: Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer expected to issue coronavirus ‘Stay at home’ order

Post by Rate This » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:59 pm

Vic Doucette wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:27 pm
Both Henry Ford Health System and Beaumont Health System have announced that they are at capacity. Does anyone still think this isn't a big deal?
It’s a massive deal.. I have a really bad feeling that this horse has left the barn and with all these people still running around the containment efforts will fail.

matt1

Post by matt1 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:05 pm

My brother thinks that Whitmer is a loser & I thank him for that!!!

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:16 pm

Vic Doucette wrote:
This is interesting. With ~2300 confirmed cases in the whole state, there should be about 460 folks needing to be hospitalized (~20%, given everyone else's experience)....

If that's the case, how come both these hospital systems are at/over capacity? Beaumont says they have over 600 alone.

Are there more folks needing to be hospitalized for some reason, or are there really many, many more folks infected?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:58 pm

km1125 wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:16 pm
Vic Doucette wrote:
This is interesting. With ~2300 confirmed cases in the whole state, there should be about 460 folks needing to be hospitalized (~20%, given everyone else's experience)....

If that's the case, how come both these hospital systems are at/over capacity? Beaumont says they have over 600 alone.

Are there more folks needing to be hospitalized for some reason, or are there really many, many more folks infected?
I think it hospitalizes people at a faster rate then they thought especially if that 20% figure only assumes people over 45 get it... 20-45 year olds are now said to be just as likely to get it so maybe that’s the difference... 20% of a bigger pie. Then you have people who have some other problem like a heart attack or something. I don’t know that the deaths are so much the worry as all the extra patients who need care in an ICU... we are also under tested so we are way low on case count I think. People go there with symptoms, take up a bed leading to the shortage THEN get tested and find out they have it and add to the count maybe?

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:55 pm

Haven’t checked here in days due to avoiding sensationalist media (and thus no real reason to go to a broadcasting board). Whitmer should be recalled for this. What a way to crash the economy. Of course she will blame others because nothing is ever her fault. Sounds like her mentor Granholm.

I would gather petitions, but she banned that! How convenient...

Realist

Post by Realist » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:56 pm

fuzzpower wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:55 pm
Haven’t checked here in days due to avoiding sensationalist media (and thus no real reason to go to a broadcasting board). Whitmer should be recalled for this. What a way to crash the economy. Of course she will blame others because nothing is ever her fault. Sounds like her mentor Granholm.

I would gather petitions, but she banned that! How convenient...
Spare me

Whitmer absolutely did the right thing as there were (and still are) way too many people not taking this seriously. The number of people who are positive exponentially increase every day. We followed the lead of other states that are in the same boat as us.

This also hits home for me as I have a co worker who strongly believes she has COVID 19. When I told her that if she didn’t have the stabbing / glass in her lungs and back feeling she didn’t have it, she replied she had that and every other symptom. When I asked her if she’d been tested, she said they wouldn’t unless she’d traveled out of state, been exposed to someone who was confirmed positive or showing life threatening symptoms. She realizes the numbers being reported are artificially low, as do I. We work with the public. You want to be exposed to her?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:39 pm

Fuzzy is a flat earther type. Please send him tinfoil before it's too late.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:53 pm

Vic Doucette wrote:
Both were way beyond capacity back in January, with flu patients. There were NO BEDS at Beaumont Troy, and patients were forced to stay in the ER. This went on for at least three weeks. I guess your media pals were out to lunch on that one.

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:29 am

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:53 pm
Vic Doucette wrote:
Both were way beyond capacity back in January, with flu patients. There were NO BEDS at Beaumont Troy, and patients were forced to stay in the ER. This went on for at least three weeks. I guess your media pals were out to lunch on that one.
Ok so now we wind up that way on top of what we already have with it still increasing. That’s a problem.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:38 pm

I’m seeing way more people out and about today... I think This order is losing its effectiveness...

kager

Post by kager » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:18 pm

As if.

Downstaters and their subjects are heading north to 'open up the cabin' in large numbers. Essential.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:34 pm

I think a far more effective thing would be to require every one in a business to wear a homemade mask and gloves. They can be made from cotton T-shirts and cotton pillowcases.

No civil liberty issues, no killing the economy.
Last edited by audiophile on Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:57 pm

audiophile wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:34 pm
I think a far effective thing would be to require every one in a business to wear a homemade mask and gloves. They can be made cotton T-shirts and cotton pillowcases.

No civil liberty issues, no killing the economy.
They’ve been saying for sometime that a mask isn’t effective at preventing it.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:55 pm

Well what about doctors and nurses? They should quit.

these folks disagree:
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/how-to-m ... b7c5483e17

https://smartairfilters.com/en/blog/diy ... ronavirus/

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic