Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Sheriff to Enforce Whitmer Executive Order

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Sheriff to Enforce Whitmer Executive Order

Post by audiophile » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:52 pm

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Local police, sheriff to enforce executive order prohibiting gatherings of 250 people or more

LANSING, Mich. – Law enforcement officers across Ingham County will be ensuring peopleheed Governor Gretchen Whitmer’s executive order prohibiting gatherings of 250 people or more. Those who disregard the order could be subject to a misdemeanor that includes up to 90 days in jail and/or a fine of up to $200.

The large gatherings ban is one of several statewide efforts to stop the spread of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). The ban went into effect at 5 p.m. on Friday,March 13 and is in place until Sunday, April 5 at 5 p.m.

“I urge everyone to take steps to stop the spread of COVID-19 including adhering to the Governor’s Executive Order,” said Ingham County Health Officer Linda S. Vail. “In addition to avoiding large gatherings, people should continue to follow other precautions such as washing hands, not touching their face, and disinfecting surfaces.”

The executive order applies to all gatherings of more than 250 people in a single shared space and includes both private businesses and public locations. A single sharedspace includes, but is not limited to, a room, hall, cafeteria, auditorium, theater, or gallery. People gathering for the purposes of: industrial or manufacturing work; mass transit; or the purchase of groceries or consumer goods are exempt.

Known coronaviruses are generally thought to spread from person-to-person through respiratory droplets. The virus that causes COVID-19 is a new type of coronavirus, but at thistime droplet spread seems to be the primary mode of transmission.
###

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

audiophile

Re: Sheriff to Enforce Whitmer Executive Order

Post by audiophile » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:54 pm

I don't think the EO has any teeth. This press release is scare tactics.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:04 pm

audiophile wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:54 pm
There is precedent for these kinds of actions in certain emergencies.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:54 pm

audiophile wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:54 pm
I think every Evangelical Church should extend their services. They have already established themselves as a bunch of self-absorbed assholes. Now let's let the pandemic have God's way with them.
Italy
Cases 21,157 Deaths 1,441 Recovered 1,966 Actively infected 17,750

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:30 pm

Jesus of Nazareth was nailed to a cross, next criminals and spear pierced his chest.

His crime? Healing the sick, feeding 5000, and telling you should love your neighbor.

Eyewitness accounts prove he rose from the dead.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:32 pm

audiophile wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:30 pm
Jesus of Nazareth was nailed to a cross, next criminals and spear pierced his chest.

His crime? Healing the sick, feeding 5000, and telling you should love your neighbor.

Eyewitness accounts prove he rose from the dead.
Supposed Eyewitness accounts don’t prove anything and are nothing more than something somebody wrote later... the supposed eyewitness accounts were handed off a few times before being written. It’s a book not a newspaper, it has a metaphorical message but it’s not supposed to be a history book. Not at all.

Also he was nailed to a cross. The nailers sure as hell didn’t feel those things were his crime. They had bigger things in mind against him.

What the hell does this have to do with anything anyways?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:38 pm

Audio,

Does this mean that you are serving the poor and vulnerable?

Some of us are, some of us are quoting scriptures while doing nothing.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:24 pm

Law enforcement must have nothing better to do. How about catching murders, child molesters, and other terrible people instead?

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:34 pm

fuzzpower wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:24 pm
Law enforcement must have nothing better to do. How about catching murders, child molesters, and other terrible people instead?
Maybe I'm just missing it. But it seems the locals are not doing any traffic stops lately.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:38 pm

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:34 pm
fuzzpower wrote:
Maybe I'm just missing it. But it seems the locals are not doing any traffic stops lately.
I’ve seen a few out and about..

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:44 pm

Rate This wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:38 pm
Mike Oxlong wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:34 pm
fuzzpower wrote:
I’ve seen a few out and about..
Wear a face mask, you will not get pulled over.

― Noam Chomsky

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic