Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Michigan would be exempt from daylight saving time under House bill

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:39 pm

This is from March of this year. Every time it is time for the time change, I always hear calls to end this bloody practice. There seems to be a LOT of public support in various polls but yet our legislature just can't seem to get it done. Many legislators around the country sponsor bills for this but they never get any traction, again, public opinion is widely for this.

https://www.mlive.com/news/2019/03/mich ... -bill.html

screen glare

Re: Michigan would be exempt from daylight saving time under House bill

Post by screen glare » Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:14 pm

Should be done at federal level instead of state by state. Otherwise a big pain to keep track of what time it is state to state. Flight schedules. Calling out of state. Remembering time differences state to state. Big headache.

Just get rid of daylight saving time nation-wide. Much less hassle.

JackAttack FM

Post by JackAttack FM » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:07 pm

OK I see a bill that died like a wet fart but, I don't see this "widely" held support for dropping DST.

Oh wait here's some...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/time-chang ... ll-shows/

7 in 10 Americans  want to get rid of DST.
But, 4 in 10 want to stay on Standard Time and 3 in 10 want to stay on DST.

So the reason it doesn't go away is because nobody can agree on what to go to.
Technically all of Michigan should be on Central Time.
So, the notion that all of Michigan should be on Eastern Time is absurd! Clearly this woman has never been to the western UP.

I don't like DST too late into the fall. Its not safe for morning rush hour and kids walking to school or waiting at the bus stop in the dark.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:17 pm

Federal law prohibits states from staying on DST year-around. However, states can opt out of DST.

Personally I'd rather stay on DST all the time. Otherwise in the early summer, first light would be at 4:12 AM, and in the eastern edge of each time zone, that time would be closer to 3:30 AM. It should NOT be getting light out at 3:30 in the morning.

Deleted User 14990

Post by Deleted User 14990 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:20 pm

Then IN and OH would need to follow suit to make this work, In The Toledo area, this would cause major headaches as Bedford twp and most of Monroe county, is dependent on Toledo for most things. I say get rid of it on the federal level.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:15 pm

WZRC 1067 wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:20 pm
Then IN and OH would need to follow suit to make this work, In The Toledo area, this would cause major headaches as Bedford twp and most of Monroe county, is dependent on Toledo for most things. I say get rid of it on the federal level.
No one gives a fuck about ohio.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Deleted User 14990

Post by Deleted User 14990 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:15 am

Well, No cares about you either. :lol Have a nice day.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:37 am

WZRC 1067 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:15 am
Well, No cares about you either. :lol Have a nice day.
Every President to date, all 44 people that have served, have failed in a spectacular fashion in regards to Ohio. The fact that the shithole known as Ohio has not been turned into a lake is a disgrace. Again, fuck Ohio.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:12 pm

Do way with DST since it messes with the body clock which is wrong and be on standard time year-round. Enough with changing the clocks twice a year I say.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:33 am

MasterB wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:12 pm
Do way with DST since it messes with the body clock which is wrong and be on standard time year-round. Enough with changing the clocks twice a year I say.
I've said it before when this topic has come up.
Pick one or the other, and stick with it year round. Don't really care which, to be honest.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic