Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Catholic Priests continue to Rape Children

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Re: Catholic Priests continue to Rape Children

Post by TC Talks » Fri May 24, 2024 5:30 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 1:51 pm
Rate This wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 11:58 am
Matt wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 10:52 am
Yeah, this thread is a bad look. Catholics are not bible thumpers and tend not to push their religion on others. We have a more traditional view of religion and are smart enough to know that Gospels written decades after Jesus died are not literal.
Are you Catholic? How bout that... so am I. TC's problem here is he is literally shooting in the dark since he can't possibly know which posters are going to ring his neck over this... and it'll be some sort of bi-partisan coalition.
Yes. I haven't been to church in a number of years, but while I lived with my parents it was pretty much mass every weekend. It shouldn't come as a surprise that TCT is painting with a broad brush and has no idea wtf he's talking about.
While I don't know everything, there is a significant group of Catholics (in the Midwest) who will vote for Trump and are fixated only on abortion and gay people. Your don't fall into that category, but you also have stopped attending.

“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Motown322

Post by Motown322 » Fri May 24, 2024 6:00 pm

I was raised Catholic and pretty much stopped going to Mass right after my confirmation (prior to that I was there every week)... conveniently I had a job that I had to be at every Saturday afternoon/evening and Sunday morning so I didn't get a lot of grief from my mom. Plus over the past 35 years I've realized I have a ton of problems with the Catholic Church as it sits these days so unless someone is getting married or buried, I don't set foot inside church anymore. Too many people there that exhibit the most hateful, shitty behaviors 167 hours of the week but they feel like since they spend an hour a week at Mass going through the motions, they're excused. That ain't for me.

I know not all churches/denominations are like that but honestly, it's not something I miss or feel like is leaving a void in my life. I have no problem with those who are active in their churches (and have lots of friends/family members who are)... if it gets you through your day/week, go for it. I'm happy for ya. It's just not something I need.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat May 25, 2024 9:11 pm

Rate This wrote:
Are you Catholic? How bout that... so am I. TC's problem here is he is literally shooting in the dark since he can't possibly know which posters are going to ring his neck over this... and it'll be some sort of bi-partisan coalition.
I've been calling out TCT's anti-Christian and anti-white-male-conservative bigotry since at least 2019 in here. Glad others are catching on.
bmw wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:11 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:36 pm
I'll make it easy, I don't believe life begins when you think it does. I think this is a political issue to get Khristians to vote for fascists who are antichrists. Since these Khristians are suburban sheep, it seems to work.

When you look at Matt's beliefs about our government senselessly killing, exploiting the poor to benefit the rich, and hatred toward lgbtqr+ rights, its easy to understand that he is one of these suburban sheep.
I've never seen so much bigotry crammed into so few words in my life.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun May 26, 2024 12:06 am

TC Talks wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 5:30 pm
Matt wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:
Yeah, this thread is a bad look. Catholics are not bible thumpers and tend not to push their religion on others. We have a more traditional view of religion and are smart enough to know that Gospels written decades after Jesus died are not literal.
Yes. I haven't been to church in a number of years, but while I lived with my parents it was pretty much mass every weekend. It shouldn't come as a surprise that TCT is painting with a broad brush and has no idea wtf he's talking about.
While I don't know everything, there is a significant group of Catholics (in the Midwest) who will vote for Trump and are fixated only on abortion and gay people. Your don't fall into that category, but you also have stopped attending.
Having grown up in Ann Arbor I can tell you that the Catholics there won’t be voting for Trump in massive numbers by any means. And actually the Catholic vote for President nationally has been bouncing back and forth between the parties for several cycles now. Bush won it in 04, Obama twice then Trump in 16 and Biden in 20. All were very close to being even matchups.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun May 26, 2024 4:12 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat May 25, 2024 9:11 pm
Rate This wrote:
I've been calling out TCT's anti-Christian and anti-white-male-conservative bigotry since at least 2019 in here. Glad others are catching on.
bmw wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:11 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:36 pm
I'll make it easy, I don't believe life begins when you think it does. I think this is a political issue to get Khristians to vote for fascists who are antichrists. Since these Khristians are suburban sheep, it seems to work.

When you look at Matt's beliefs about our government senselessly killing, exploiting the poor to benefit the rich, and hatred toward lgbtqr+ rights, its easy to understand that he is one of these suburban sheep.
I've never seen so much bigotry crammed into so few words in my life.
It's not possible to claim bigotry for a ruling class of a society. And since religion is a personal choice, not something you are born with like your gender or color, it certainly is a bias but I would argue it is not bigotry.
The Myth of Reverse Racism
The idea of white victimhood is increasingly central to the debate over affirmative action.
https://www.theatlantic.com/education/a ... sm/535689/
― Matt

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun May 26, 2024 9:28 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 4:12 pm
It's not possible to claim bigotry for a ruling class of a society. And since religion is a personal choice, not something you are born with like your gender or color, it certainly is a bias but I would argue it is not bigotry.
Uh...no. The dictionary definition of the word is very different from what you describe.

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Sun May 26, 2024 10:03 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 12:06 am
TC Talks wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 5:30 pm
Matt wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:
Having grown up in Ann Arbor I can tell you that the Catholics there won’t be voting for Trump in massive numbers by any means. And actually the Catholic vote for President nationally has been bouncing back and forth between the parties for several cycles now. Bush won it in 04, Obama twice then Trump in 16 and Biden in 20. All were very close to being even matchups.
Catholicism, like pretty much everything else nowadays, gets bastardized by political hacks of both ends of the spectrum who pick and choose what teachings to ignore and which teachings to magnify in order to justify their political position as driven by God. These people's true religion is politics, with their gods being political candidates. True Catholics who adhere to all teachings truly should be appalled by both candidates for President. Many are.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon May 27, 2024 10:41 am

Graham Wellington wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 10:03 pm
True Catholics who adhere to all teachings truly should be appalled by both candidates for President. Many are.
I can't agree more. Faith has nothing to do with politics.
― Matt

A1B1C1D1

Post by A1B1C1D1 » Mon May 27, 2024 6:33 pm

MSU and UofM have both recently paid large tax dollar supported settlements for abuse allegations. No one from their hierarchy has been charged. MSU was not very forthcoming initially, UofM was only marginally better.

Like any religion in America, the Catholic Church is either the truth or it is simply a non-profit like the scouts, shriners, rotary club and so on.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue May 28, 2024 10:06 pm

It looks like the Pope is the lead homophobe within the Catholic Church. This is disappointing.
The Vatican said on Tuesday that Pope Francis “extends his apologies” after reports that he used an offensive slang word referring to gay men at what was intended to be a private meeting with 250 Italian bishops last week.

Francis had been taking questions from the bishops at their annual assembly when the question of whether to admit openly gay men into seminaries, or priesthood colleges, came up.

According to several people present at the meeting, who spoke anonymously to Italian news outlets, Francis stated a firm no, saying that seminaries were already too full of “frociaggine,” an offensive Italian slang term referring to gay men.

“Pope Francis is aware of articles that recently came out about a conversation, behind closed doors,” Matteo Bruni, the press office director for the Holy See, said on Tuesday. “The pope never intended to offend or express himself in homophobic terms, and he extends his apologies to those who were offended by the use of a term, reported by others.”
― Matt

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue May 28, 2024 10:09 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Tue May 28, 2024 10:06 pm
It looks like the Pope is the lead homophobe within the Catholic Church. This is disappointing.
The Vatican said on Tuesday that Pope Francis “extends his apologies” after reports that he used an offensive slang word referring to gay men at what was intended to be a private meeting with 250 Italian bishops last week.

Francis had been taking questions from the bishops at their annual assembly when the question of whether to admit openly gay men into seminaries, or priesthood colleges, came up.

According to several people present at the meeting, who spoke anonymously to Italian news outlets, Francis stated a firm no, saying that seminaries were already too full of “frociaggine,” an offensive Italian slang term referring to gay men.

“Pope Francis is aware of articles that recently came out about a conversation, behind closed doors,” Matteo Bruni, the press office director for the Holy See, said on Tuesday. “The pope never intended to offend or express himself in homophobic terms, and he extends his apologies to those who were offended by the use of a term, reported by others.”
Well… when your clergy can’t marry it creates the ideal environment for gay people to do their thing. Few straight men are gonna take a supposed celibacy deal.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed May 29, 2024 10:55 am

Bail Bonds wrote:
Wed May 29, 2024 10:38 am
Rate This wrote:
Tue May 28, 2024 10:09 pm
Well… when your clergy can’t marry it creates the ideal environment for gay people to do their thing.
Yeah. Sadly, the thing they do is young children.
Nice generalization.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed May 29, 2024 12:22 pm

Bail Bonds wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Well… when your clergy can’t marry it creates the ideal environment for gay people to do their thing.
Another clue that this is LL.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed May 29, 2024 1:02 pm

Bail Bonds wrote:
Wed May 29, 2024 12:58 pm
Matt wrote:
Wed May 29, 2024 12:22 pm
Bail Bonds wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Really don't know who that dude is. He seems to be living rent free in someone's mind though. And that someone is Matt.

Just because someone says things you don't like, that doesn't make them the same person as someone else who says things that you do not like.
Now the troll is in denial… fantastic.

Chrocket87

Post by Chrocket87 » Wed May 29, 2024 1:15 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed May 29, 2024 12:22 pm
Bail Bonds wrote:
Rate This wrote:
At first, I thought Bail Bonds was a second account for Paul Richards or someone else. This post has me leaning towards LL, though I’m not entirely convinced yet.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic