Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Why is the state responsible for YOUR water?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Why is the state responsible for YOUR water?

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:13 pm

The poverty rate in Benton Harbor is very high. Many folks who live there who have lead leaching issues in their water lines likely cannot afford replacement, and until recently, many citizens were likely unaware a serious issue existed.

The city's tax base is weak. I suspect the low level of tax revenues relative to population prevented local officials from upgrading infrastructure in a timely fashion through the decades.

It also appears anti-corrosion measures from the water plant in Benton Harbor may have been suboptimal (although I've only been able to find scant details on that angle so far).

At least in Benton Harbor's case, hydrochloric acid isn't coming thru the pipes as was the case in Flint. The water in Benton Harbor is still usable for cooking and bathing.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:36 pm

audiophile wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:27 am
It's pretty easy to see when TCT is losing an argument.

TCT should meet at the community well with his bucket.
Good one

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:37 pm

km1125 wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:48 am
TC Talks wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:55 pm
I prefer to pay my city for water that has been treated and delivered to my house. If someone else get their water free, great! Happy with my deal.
That's fine, but why should someone in a different city have to pay for YOUR city's water system when you and your neighbors didn't keep the system up to current specs??
Audio, what would Jesus say?

Cause you tell us that faith is the way... Only rich people get clean water? Because water is a necessity for life almost as much as Jesus.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic