Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Some People Just Need To Stay In Jail

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Some People Just Need To Stay In Jail

Post by Bryce » Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:19 am

Michigan man accused in shooting of Ohio trooper held without bail

A Michigan man accused of causing a shooting that seriously injured an Ohio state trooper during a traffic stop will remain jailed without bail, a judge ruled Friday.

Robert Tramaine Hathorn, 42, of Muskegon, is charged with aggravated robbery with a deadly weapon. It's not clear if he's retained an attorney.

Authorities said trooper Josef Brobst stopped Hathorn's car for speeding late Wednesday on Interstate 75 near Findlay, and Brobst asked Hathorn to exit the vehicle because he smelled marijuana. The two men were standing behind the patrol cruiser when they began struggling over the trooper's service weapon, authorities said, and Brobst was shot in the lower body.

Well, on the bright side, Mr. Hathorn almost made it six months since being released from prison before he is headed back. Maybe he'll stay a bit longer because of his "stellar" past, which include convictions starting in 1999 and continuing through 2016, for:

Witnesses-Bribing/Intimidation/Interfering
Public Officer - Assaulting or Obstructing
Police Officer - Assault/Resist/Obstruct
Controlled Substance-Delivery/Manf., Nar/Coc <50 Grams
Sex Offender - Failure to Register
Assault with Dangerous Weapon (Felonious Assault) - Attempt

Mr. Hathorn was released on April 16th, 2021

The first sentence on the MI United Criminal Justice Reform web page is 'Too many Michiganders go to prison for too long." I would argue some Michiganders don't go long enough. One of the things that bother me most is that Mr. Hathorn was discharged with absolutely NO SUPERVISION CONDITIONS placed upon him.

Something needs to be fixed.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

craig11152

Re: Some People Just Need To Stay In Jail

Post by craig11152 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:43 am

One of my all time favorite books and movies was "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest"
Half tongue in cheek I think about giving truly bad people lobotomies.
Not only would it be cheaper to house them but citizens could "check them out" like a library book to do mundane chores like raking leaves shoveling light snow, not sure what all they would be able to do with minor supervision.

I no longer directly engage trolls

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:46 am

A lot of times the news stories will say the suspect "had a history", but I don't think they do enough to clarify that it was a BAD and RECENT history and were just recently release from prison. Nor do they usually say WHY they were released from prison, which could make a big difference. Were they release because they satisfied their entire term, or were they released early because of some other reason (overcrowding, "covid", etc).

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:33 am

km1125 wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:46 am
A lot of times the news stories will say the suspect "had a history", but I don't think they do enough to clarify that it was a BAD and RECENT history and were just recently release from prison.
I agree. It's not like that information is hard to find. Took me 30 seconds.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:15 am

I'm mad that a high school shooting in Texas the shooter was released on $75K bail which should've been way higher like $200K or more just my opinion.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:48 am

MasterB wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:15 am
I'm mad that a high school shooting in Texas the shooter was released on $75K bail which should've been way higher like $200K or more just my opinion.
A guy that shot at least two people at a high school should be held without bond.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:05 pm

Aaron McDonald, a guy who just got out of prison this past May, after serving 13 years for sexual assault on a minor, was just arrested for the abduction and sexual assault of a nine year old girl from Farmington Hills.

He didn't even make it six months since getting released. SOME PEOPLE JUST NEED TO STAY LOCKED UP

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/loc ... n-detroit/

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic