Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Driving A Wedge

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 4520

Re: Driving A Wedge

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:38 pm

I am totally fine with and somewhat reassured by not allowing people from downstate to come up north to their other homes. This isn't vacation time, it's stay at home time. If we had a bad outbreak up here in the north I'm not so sure our medical facilities would be able to handle the situation and don't need people coming up here bogging things down.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:02 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:34 pm
I'm not opposed to a different set of restrictions for those deemed high risk.

I also agree that preventing landscapers from mowing lawns is silly. Homeowners are not standing outside, shoulder to shoulder, with the landscapers as they are performing the work. Moreover, most billing is usually done electronically.
I rolled right into an ACE today and bought lawn care supplies so it really is just the companies for whatever reason.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:30 pm

Uh oh , Rate This. You broke the law (and so did Ace)! :razz

I agree that preventing people from purchasing home & garden supplies is unnecessary. I can understand the disdain for Whitmer's EO when stuff like that is off limits, even though purchases of booze and lottery tickets is permissible.

Another aspect of her order that makes no sense:
Canoeing and kayaking is OK, yet taking a motorized watercraft out for a spin is not.

I visited my local Ace Hardware a week ago, but I was there to purchase cleaning supplies. They were sold out of Lysol, but I did pick up a Swiffer Wet Jet solution refill and also purchased a bottle of a cleaner called Microban.

I saw just as many employees in the store as customers!

For those wondering, I did wear my N95 mask on that shopping trip.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:32 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:30 pm
Canoeing and kayaking is OK, yet taking a motorized watercraft out for a spin is not.
the number of injuries surrounding personal watercraft and boats is significant enough to present a distraction for law enforcement. All of these orders relate back to whether a particular Community can handle their s*** or not.

We have been having significant problems at boat launches in the north so many of them were closed by the DNR weeks ago. The fisherman specifically just didn't care about the order so she pulled the plug on everyone who has a boat. What part of "take this seriously" do you not understand?

The rate of spread is slowing so it must be working pretty well.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:05 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:32 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:30 pm
the number of injuries surrounding personal watercraft and boats is significant enough to present a distraction for law enforcement. All of these orders relate back to whether a particular Community can handle their s*** or not.

We have been having significant problems at boat launches in the north so many of them were closed by the DNR weeks ago. The fisherman specifically just didn't care about the order so she pulled the plug on everyone who has a boat. What part of "take this seriously" do you not understand?

The rate of spread is slowing so it must be working pretty well.
Always a logical explanation of course. Just like the garden centers and the lawn services. None of these folks loudly complaining are students of history apparently...

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:22 am

So, even if I live alongside a lake or river and have direct access from my own property, I cannot use my motorized boat. Even if I am alone. Makes perfect sense! :rolleyes

https://mucc.org/gov-whitmers-motorboat ... ecautions/

How about just closing the problematic DNR boat launches and public fishing sites instead?

It bears noting that 2019 fishing licenses expired March 31. Avid fisherman purchased licenses for the 2020 season right before the new EO took effect.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:27 am

I guess some people struggle with the concept of NO. Thank the shithead fishermen.

I own a sailboat and kayak, so I am fine... the water is too cold anyhow.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:30 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:22 am
So, even if I live alongside a lake or river and have direct access from my own property, I cannot use my motorized boat. Even if I am alone. Makes perfect sense! :rolleyes

How about just closing the problematic DNR boat launches and public fishing sites instead?

It bears noting that 2019 fishing licenses expired March 31. Avid fisherman purchased licenses for the 2020 season right before the new EO took effect.
If I motorized my canoe would that count. You can come up with weird scenarios but the trouble is that most people are gonna use those boat launches. Seeing you glide by in your motorboat while they can’t won’t be a good look or encourage everybody to avoid the order.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:32 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:30 am
MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:22 am

If I motorized my canoe would that count. You can come up with weird scenarios but the trouble is that most people are gonna use those boat launches. Seeing you glide by in your motorboat while they can’t won’t be a good look or encourage everybody to avoid the order.
It's a motorized vessel so, no, you couldn't take it out if you did that. Even just a little trolling motor puts you over the line, which is absolutely stupid.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:14 pm

it's denying equal access to our lakes and rivers by handicapped people that can't paddle or row.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:33 pm

What kind of a psychopath is riding a PWC in April? Fishing boats at least can be argued as essential since an outcome of fishing is food.

On another note, I went to the local Kroger today, and they've "instituted" one way lanes. I put instituted in quotes because the rules were being largely disregarded.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic