Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Numbers game

Miss the posts from your favorite flame artist or troll who added little to no value to the Buzzboard? Read 'em here!
dchildress

Numbers game

Post by dchildress » Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:21 am

Have we reached the bottom?

From its own website, WEYI/WSMH/WBSF has nine on-air employees. Single digits.

Can they go any lower and still function?

dchildress

Re: Numbers game

Post by dchildress » Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:11 pm

Luke wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:01 pm
I don't think they can function with where they're at.

I'm almost thinking they should consider merging their Michigan stations into one broadcast. Maybe call it Michigan News Now with more local meterologists to handle the weather segments. Open a newsroom in Detroit and focus on just professional sports (think Fox 2) and also have a few reporters in the field to cover big stories. Same for Lansing, but have a larger focus on state politics. I'm sure they would stay in last place, but they could save some money and pull in a few more viewers who may be more interested in what's going on in Lansing.
I didn't consider that option. I'm in your debt, sir.

dchildress

Post by dchildress » Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:07 am

RebelwithoutAClause wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:38 pm
Lol… I like how they added the national reporters to the page as well, to make it appear there staff is bigger than what it is.
Oh, they used to put the production crew on the website, too. Photographers, graphics, directors, etc.

Don't let Herm know, though. He hates it when we mention the "unmentionables," i.e. the "behind the scenes folks" who signed up for privacy immunity and are protected by armed guards 24/7.

dchildress

Post by dchildress » Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:57 am

Herm wrote:
Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:51 pm
dchildress wrote:
Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:07 am
Lol… I like how they added the national reporters to the page as well, to make it appear there staff is bigger than what it is.
Oh, they used to put the production crew on the website, too. Photographers, graphics, directors, etc.

Don't let Herm know, though. He hates it when we mention the "unmentionables," i.e. the "behind the scenes folks" who signed up for privacy immunity and are protected by armed guards 24/7.
What’s your deal?
Leave me alone! You’re being an asshole.
I know this is not your intention, but you’re being overly sensitive.

You were on-air and didn’t want to be on the website? So, people could see you on television, but you refused to be on a website?

You have no expectation of privacy.

If you think you do, as my favorite character once said, “That’s like your opinion, man.”

dchildress

Post by dchildress » Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:31 pm

Herm wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:50 pm
dchildress wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:57 am
Herm wrote:
Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:51 pm
dchildress wrote:
Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:07 am

What’s your deal?
Leave me alone! You’re being an asshole.
I know this is not your intention, but you’re being overly sensitive.

You were on-air and didn’t want to be on the website? So, people could see you on television, but you refused to be on a website?

You have no expectation of privacy.

If you think you do, as my favorite character once said, “That’s like your opinion, man.”
You don’t get to decide my level of sensitivity. Stop mentioning me by name in any negative kind of way. Period.
Me asking to be taken off the website had more to do with the piss poor execution of developing that part of the website. This was one of the many issues I had with the news director at that time. She was simply the worst. It had absolutely nothing any expectation of privacy.
Also, just because I think it’s not cool to discuss career changes of behind the scenes crew members in this forum, by name with details, doesn’t say anything about my views on privacy. You actually know very little, if anything, about my opinions about privacy as a social issue.
I am not deciding any level of sensitivity for you. I’m simply making an observation of it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic