Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Emmy award winning director departs 25-66

Miss the posts from your favorite flame artist or troll who added little to no value to the Buzzboard? Read 'em here!
dchildress

Re: Emmy award winning director departs 25-66

Post by dchildress » Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:47 am

Herm wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:01 am
sinklair wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:55 pm
Dude…

I’m not searching for your validation. I’m pointing out areas of agreement. Maybe that’s the place to start the discussion of what is wrong with local stations.

True understanding goes both ways.

Signed,
Chris R.
That’s not how your statement came across to me at all. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Like I said earlier, I don’t think it’s a good idea to discuss the career moves of the crew. We don’t sign up to be public figures like those on-air or in the corner offices. This is exactly why I wasn’t participating in this thread after I made my statement, until I was mentioned by name.
I respectfully disagree.

Even on-air people and management didn’t “sign up” to be criticized on online discussion boards.

Nobody is “off limits.”

However, I respect the opinions of others and wish you all the best.

dchildress

Post by dchildress » Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:46 pm

Under New Management wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:11 am
It’s a public business. I think people should be a little kinder to each other, but the Buzzboard is no different than the criticism I’ve seen leveled at teachers and administrators at my local school board meeting. If you’ve ever been in a newsroom, we get a ton of phone calls, emails, and social media posts that criticize our staff — including technical mistakes made by production, spelling errors made by producers, editing mistakes made by photographers, and yes even editorial decisions made by management. All of whom chose to be in our public-facing industry.
Correct. There is no signing up to having your children criticized in public, but that’s what happens to politicians all the time. Par for the course.

dchildress

Post by dchildress » Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:59 am

None of us has an expectation of privacy when we leave our homes.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic