Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Voter referendums approved

Miss the posts from your favorite flame artist or troll who added little to no value to the Buzzboard? Read 'em here!
marsbar

Re: Voter referendums approved

Post by marsbar » Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:10 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:45 am
Putting all the opinions aside about how our State feels on certain issues, we will see the ultimate test with a vote of the people. I'm still betting that a overwhelming majority will protect abortions in our state as we are not subject to any religions particular political whims.

More important is the mail-in voting initiative. I'm surprised Republicans still fight this as it's been demonstrated in every state where mail voting is occurring, both parties gain when a broader number of people are invited to participate in the Democratic process.

It should be fun to see where people in our state side. I am betting that the right to life lobby is a desperate minority that will be disappointed mid November.
The orders mean three constitutional amendments are now on the November ballot:
■ Reproductive Freedom for All to enshrine abortion rights into the state constitution. There is debate over how it affects state laws restricting abortion access, such as parental consent and the 24-hour wait period.

■ Promote the Vote 2022 would allow nine days of early voting, public funding of absentee ballot postage and continue state law allowing registered voters to cast ballots without ID if they sign an affidavit.

■ Voters for Transparency and Term Limits would set a 12-year ceiling on the time lawmakers can serve in the state Legislature and apply stricter financial disclosure rules to state elected officials, including the governor, secretary of states, attorney general and lawmakers.
AP
Democrats want every vote to count.

The GOP wants every valid vote to count.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic