Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

What a circus (MI GOP Convention)...

Miss the posts from your favorite flame artist or troll who added little to no value to the Buzzboard? Read 'em here!
marsbar

Re: What a circus (MI GOP Convention)...

Post by marsbar » Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:32 am

Name one person who ran in the GOP gubernatorial primary that you heard of before.

Where is Mike Cox? Brian Calley? Bill Schuette?

The GOP is not putting up a fight this election season because of the upcoming recession that they want to blame Democrats for.

Simple as that.

marsbar

Post by marsbar » Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:28 pm

Mike wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:05 pm
marsbar wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:32 am
Where is Mike Cox? Brian Calley?
Cox is currently running his own law practice, just saw an ad for it the other day. (One of multiple aiming to appeal to those suffering from the effects of Camp Lejeune, though his own ad also points out his having served there in the Marine Corps.)

Calley is currently president + CEO of the Small Business Association of Michigan.
I figured one of the known Republicans would have taken a break from what they're doing now to run, but then again, my impression has always been that the GOP phoned this one in a long time ago with hopes of blaming the Democrats for the oncoming recession.

marsbar

Post by marsbar » Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:50 pm

km1125 wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:32 pm
marsbar wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:28 pm
I figured one of the known Republicans would have taken a break from what they're doing now to run, but then again, my impression has always been that the GOP phoned this one in a long time ago with hopes of blaming the Democrats for the oncoming recession.
That's the problem with politics in general.

Conservatives can have a successful career and make a lot of money outside of government.

Liberals? Not so much. Government IS their path to fortune.
I don’t disagree with your statement.

marsbar

Post by marsbar » Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:28 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:17 pm
This probably would've been a good year for Brian Calley to seek the nomination. With James Craig out of contention, he would've made a good "consensus" candidate.

An argument can also be made that Tom Leonard should've sought to run for Governor as opposed to AG.

Plenty of wealthy liberals out there. Look at how the ultra wealthy enclaves of California and Massachusetts generally vote. Jeff Bezos isn't a Republican, last time I checked. Warren Buffett as well.
Would have been a great opportunity for any republican with any notoriety to run, except for Lee Chatfield that is. Lol

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic