Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

When did Bill Harris retire?

Miss the posts from your favorite flame artist or troll who added little to no value to the Buzzboard? Read 'em here!
factchecker

When did Bill Harris retire?

Post by factchecker » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:06 am

I don't see him anywhere on the stations' websites.

I thought he was still doing special projects and filling in as anchor as needed, but he's nowhere on the websites anymore.

Anyone know if it was mutual?

factchecker

Re: When did Bill Harris retire?

Post by factchecker » Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:57 pm

sinklair wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:22 pm
Bill was “laid off” in the latest round of Sinclair cuts. Another example of a classless move by the corporate Death Star. The new handpicked Sinclair GM and the In Over Her Head News Director were able to get around the position cut by essentially making Bill a freelance independent contractor working on special projects. So if you’re counting, you work 50 years in broadcasting, jump across town to help out a fledgling new Sinclair news organization and management throws you out when they look to cut costs.
Wow, bummer. Always enjoyed his reporting and anchoring.

factchecker

Re: When did Bill Harris retire?

Post by factchecker » Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:28 am

If my mind serves me correctly, I thought I saw where Bill was going to be semi-retired a few years ago. Was that his decision or was that when the cuts started?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic