Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

I think the troll is back

Miss the posts from your favorite flame artist or troll who added little to no value to the Buzzboard? Read 'em here!
Deleted User 15062

Re: I think the troll is back

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:34 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:20 pm
Site ownership has it's benefits...

We all want him gone, but try the ignore feature, it works great.
... Until you get quoted. You should not see that you were quoted, if the troll is foed/ignored. Then you also see what others quote of said troll(s) in the new quotor's post. So it only semi-works. An issue I brought up 2 summers ago, before the data dump, with LL101.

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:51 am

TeddyBear wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:34 pm
... Until you get quoted. You should not see that you were quoted, if the troll is foed/ignored. Then you also see what others quote of said troll(s) in the new quotor's post. So it only semi-works. An issue I brought up 2 summers ago, before the data dump, with LL101.
Likely a flaw in the phpBB software. The "ignore" feature only recognizes the originating poster. It doesn't see a quote as separate content, but rather attributes it to the user who included it. There probably is a fix, but it would be up to the software vendor to roll it out. Probably not much MW can do on his end.

Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:31 am

And again, the troll this thread was about originally is gone again. Any guesses to the next username he will use? Proper name, or slogan?

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:04 am

Maybe they can just save a step and register as "Deleted User 82159". :razz

Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:08 pm

ZenithCKLW wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:31 am
And again, the troll this thread was about originally is gone again. Any guesses to the next username he will use? Proper name, or slogan?
I know I called "them" out in a few localities. So "they" knew we all are on to "them." GG and CH39 may just be the same. Wondering about a "libation" name too as being the same troll.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:14 pm

I can almost guarantee with reasonable certainty that GG is a separate person. That person goes waaaay back in the history of the Buzzboard. Same types of views and opinions as CH39, but different level of aggression and use of language. CH39 is kind of an ignorant dullard who is probably pretty harmless beyond who he votes for and misinformation he spreads. The other troll is consumed by a high level of paranoia and anger toward diversity and change and wouldn't surprise me if he has ever set a cross on fire.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:59 pm

ZenithCKLW wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:14 pm
I can almost guarantee with reasonable certainty that GG is a separate person. That person goes waaaay back in the history of the Buzzboard. Same types of views and opinions as CH39, but different level of aggression and use of language. CH39 is kind of an ignorant dullard who is probably pretty harmless beyond who he votes for and misinformation he spreads. The other troll is consumed by a high level of paranoia and anger toward diversity and change and wouldn't surprise me if he has ever set a cross on fire.
How about the "libation" name? Overposts galore, pointing out other threads they put in various localities. Also wondering if the major gay posts troll in Flint might be one of these too.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:23 am

I'm not sure who you're referring to. I do have a hunch that the "big" troll of this board is the alter-ego of another member of this board who isn't so belligerent, I could be wrong on that, but I am suspicious.

That "big" one has political views that change based on "its" audience. It finds vulnerable people or groups of people and uses hot topic issues that would generate a controversial response. Additionally, the issues are brought to attention in a way that WILL be controversial. The goal is that no one truly knows what it believes, so it can continue to harass, intimidate, and "educate" those with different opinions. Hell, it even harasses those who may be in agreement by saying stuff like "see, even stupid people understand." (Not an exact quote.) That one backs off when no one finds interest in the current shtick, unfortunately it just moves on to something else to start the process over again. There is no point in telling it off or trying to reason with it.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:55 pm

You described the gay "former 25 and 66" one in Flint. First/top nomination in the "DB Suppository." Only diff... "it" becomes the victim, yet victimizes every single other person. The said "it" has not earned my respect. I will not refer to that troll as "human," since "it" shows no humanity or respect towards others.

MisterT

Post by MisterT » Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:35 pm

ZenithCKLW wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:23 am
I'm not sure who you're referring to. I do have a hunch that the "big" troll of this board is the alter-ego of another member of this board who isn't so belligerent, I could be wrong on that, but I am suspicious.

That "big" one has political views that change based on "its" audience. It finds vulnerable people or groups of people and uses hot topic issues that would generate a controversial response. Additionally, the issues are brought to attention in a way that WILL be controversial. The goal is that no one truly knows what it believes, so it can continue to harass, intimidate, and "educate" those with different opinions. Hell, it even harasses those who may be in agreement by saying stuff like "see, even stupid people understand." (Not an exact quote.) That one backs off when no one finds interest in the current shtick, unfortunately it just moves on to something else to start the process over again. There is no point in telling it off or trying to reason with it.
This! 100%! The best thing to do is not give the troll(s) attention because that is what they want more than anything. They are not interested in a real conversation, they just want outrage and attention. Very sad existence. It is so easy to argue away all of the garbage threy post, but it becomes a fools errand as the Troll will just start a new thread once they realize they are actually incapable of making an informed argument. It is fun to immediately shut down the troll, but I'd rather not give him the satisfaction of attention he desperately needs. It is usually the people who fail to interact in real life communication that resort to fulfilling their need for attention on an online forum where they can hide behind a username. Pathetic.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:24 pm

Mental illness has a role too. Too few clients actually take their meds, are honest with their Dr's and Therapists, nor do .its of the mentally I'll "challenge" the therapist, if something is not correct. For example, the obvious Bipolar troll in Flint/Saginaw exhibits obvious manic behaviours. Their therapist and Dr. must not have all of the truthful information, as the client/troll enjoys the manic. Egging people on is the manic kicking in.

hanson

Post by hanson » Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:16 pm

Vic Doucette wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:28 am
I hadn't noticed until last night, but our ol' pal G G has returned.
I'll take care of that.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:37 pm

He's back.

Admitting you have a problem is the second step. The first step is finding a problem you really enjoy.

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:41 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:37 pm
He's back.
Which troll?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:51 pm

Vic Doucette wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:41 am
[

Which troll?

Deleted User 15265

Admitting you have a problem is the second step. The first step is finding a problem you really enjoy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic