Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Dave and Chuck the Freak

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Bg23

Re: Dave and Chuck the Freak

Post by Bg23 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:53 pm

Dave and Chuck suck. Infantile humor and the laughter is canned laughter. Just listen to it...... same laugh every time.
I can listen to the radio all day at work but why? Doesn’t matter what station it is they play the same 30 songs every day in a different order. THESE ARTISTS HAVE MORE THAN ONE OR TWO SONGS! More variety please . I’ve downloaded my music into my phone and hit songs, shuffle. No repeats all week unless I want one ☝️

BayCityJohn2337

Post by BayCityJohn2337 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:35 pm

Well Dave and Chuck are better than Free Beer And Hot Wings or am I wrong?

UP906

Post by UP906 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:34 am

I've never heard Dave and Chuck, but Free Beer and Hot Wings are simply awful.

Buncha pantywaste nancy boys and one southern chick that have nothing in common with their audience outside of a small area downstate.

I don't know who is in charge of having those twats on 93.1, but I'm here to say that 99.1 is drawing A LOT of listeners away in the morning. Do you know why? Because 99.1 plays music instead of a room full of chuckleheads laughing at their own idiotic jokes.

True story.

Thread Killer

Lickalime

Post by Lickalime » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:02 pm

Dave and Chuck have always been bad. I've always thought it was a toss up between Dave and Chuck or Spike from Mojo as the worst unfunny people/person on the air.

BayCityJohn2337

Post by BayCityJohn2337 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:39 pm

Dave and Chuck are on WRXK in Ft Myers and WBOS in Boston also. That's kinda impressive actually. They cater to a young demo, the same demo Tom Leykis attracted in Los Angeles in the 90s and early 2000s

WKQZ in Saginaw use to have the best local shock jock around. The program was called Joe and the poor boy. Lead performer was Bad Axe native Joe Volk. Now that was top notch shock jock radio.

JLesinski

Post by JLesinski » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:44 pm

They are not there to have in depth intellectual discussions. They are what they are and no one is forcing you to listen if they arent your cup of tea. I'm not saying they are great. They're not. They are however good in small doses and are usually good for a chuckle or two if you dont take yourself, or them, too seriously.

Realist

Post by Realist » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:49 pm

BayCityJohn2337 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:39 pm
Dave and Chuck are on WRXK in Ft Myers and WBOS in Boston also. That's kinda impressive actually. They cater to a young demo, the same demo Tom Leykis attracted in Los Angeles in the 90s and early 2000s

WKQZ in Saginaw use to have the best local shock jock around. The program was called Joe and the poor boy. Lead performer was Bad Axe native Joe Volk. Now that was top notch shock jock radio.
Dave and Chuck are on the Fort Myers and Boston stations for only one reason - Beasley, owners of WRIF, also owns those stations.

Z93 finally had enough of Joe Volk and his continued sexual harassment of female employees In that building and finally shit canned him. Joe’s act got really old and was the primary reason I wouldn’t listen to them in the morning. The Morning After is leaps and bounds better than Joe and the Poorboy (which was a way overused name as Eric Zane was the original Poorboy)

Deleted User 3751

Post by Deleted User 3751 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:12 am

Morning radio in general sucks not just in Detroit but everywhere.
Not true everywhere, Crash and AJ have a pretty good show on WXTB Tampa Bay's Best Rock. You'll hear great tunes and they don't over due it with talk.
A couple of features they have is "The Crash Test" at 9 and "Shove it Friday's" They stream is anyone ones to give it a listen. They play a great mix of classic rock with current artists, they blow The Riff out of the water when it comes to music, and the station has a h u g e signal, just my opinion of course.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:43 am

Music wise, WRIF does not do a bad job. They are light years better than WGRD in Grand Rapids these days.

However, 98Rock in Tampa is indeed a GREAT rock station! A rarity within the iHM portfolio these days.

Deleted User 3751

Post by Deleted User 3751 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:41 pm

A rarity within the iHM portfolio these days.
I agree.

Editorcj

Post by Editorcj » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:57 pm

Ha! I grew up with 98 Rock and 95YNF.

Gertner

Post by Gertner » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:38 pm

Love Dave and Chuck

BayCityJohn2337

Post by BayCityJohn2337 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:27 pm

Ok let's review.

Joe and the poor boy was number one in the ratings year after year for two decades at WKQZ

Joe Volk sold 1.4 million as an account executive after his on air shift.

Eric Zane never provided much added content to the show as the first poor boy. He is irreverent to the show's success as joes first side kick years ago.

Realist

Post by Realist » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:51 pm

BayCityJohn2337 wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:27 pm
Ok let's review.

Joe and the poor boy was number one in the ratings year after year for two decades at WKQZ

Joe Volk sold 1.4 million as an account executive after his on air shift.

Eric Zane never provided much added content to the show as the first poor boy. He is irreverent to the show's success as joes first side kick years ago.
And “The Morning After” has even higher ratings. J&PB weren’t number one all the time. Often beat in overall ratings by Johnny Burke on WHNN, along with WIOG and 98 KCQ.

Wondering where you pulled the $1.4 million sales number from

In regards to Zane, I completely disagree. They both busted their ass on that show....

matt1

Post by matt1 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:42 am

As former Sports anchor on WNEM 5 Art Neil said back then in 1997 or 1998 "Joe And The Poor Boy (he wants to dream like a young man) weekday mornings at the Tri Cities rock & roll station Z93 they shall return on the Z" (LOSER).........Z93 well be right back (Bob Seger "Night Moves" 1976).
Also Art said back then "Joseph & the Poorest Boy around every weekday mornings at the Tri Cities rockin' and a rollin' station Z93 & they shall return on the Z" (Tell your mom we said "HI"!!).......... Z93 WKQZ Midland, Saginaw, Bay City well be right back!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic