Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WDIV Live Telecast of Michigan Central Grand Reopening Concert

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
moldyoldie

WDIV Live Telecast of Michigan Central Grand Reopening Concert

Post by moldyoldie » Fri Jun 07, 2024 7:24 am

All in all a great show! The coordination of the station with the remote production company seemed to be quite seamless. The staging, shots, and direction were top quality -- an obvious product of intense rehearsal. I especially liked the tribute to Bob Seger!
One problem, however, which was terribly frustrating: Jack White's and Eminem's performances were both marred by audio cutting in and out. I was wondering if the problem was on their end or with my wi-fi/cable. Did anyone else experience this?

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Graham Wellington

Re: WDIV Live Telecast of Michigan Central Grand Reopening Concert

Post by Graham Wellington » Fri Jun 07, 2024 7:57 am

Did they air the same broadcast that was on Peacock?

riggs

Post by riggs » Fri Jun 07, 2024 8:03 am

moldyoldie wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2024 7:24 am
All in all a great show! The coordination of the station with the remote production company seemed to be quite seamless. The staging, shots, and direction were top quality -- an obvious product of intense rehearsal. I especially liked the tribute to Bob Seger!
One problem, however, which was terribly frustrating: Jack White's and Eminem's performances were both marred by audio cutting in and out. I was wondering if the problem was on their end or with my wi-fi/cable. Did anyone else experience this?
I am guessing there were some sort of limiters - so in the louder spots it just cuts out. The volume on a lot of Jack White's music can be quite uneven. That's the nature of garage rock. They did do a great job, overall. Putting that stuff together is not easy. but there you go, that is what being LOCAL is about. Break normal programming for a once in a lifetime event. Some of the rock radio stations in Detroit need to learn that.

Hey, I'd rather have live audio cutting in an out or a live performer missing some notes than a canned and lip-synched mime show like the Eagles, who charge hundreds for their tickets. As much as Don Henley sues people, fans ought to sue him for fraud for pretending it's a live concert.
Sidney sit down, relax, have a sandwich, drink a glass of milk, do some fucking thing

Pocketchange

Post by Pocketchange » Fri Jun 07, 2024 8:23 am

moldyoldie wrote:
Jack White's and Eminem's performances were both marred by audio cutting in and out. I was wondering if the problem was on their end or with my wi-fi/cable. Did anyone else experience this?
I think it might have been related to F bombs. A few came in at the start of Eminem performance and then the audio drops were happening more frequently when I would expect them or other no no words based on the typical lyrics.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jun 07, 2024 8:38 am

Channel 7 is the absolute worst when it comes to audio muting. Some sports telecasts are damn near unwatchable on that station.

I watched some of 4's broadcast. The first 10 minutes of the pre-show had horrible video signal issues. So, I changed the channel.

The video quality during the music portion of the telecast was excellent. I tuned back in and saw Diana Ross perform. I'm not quite sure how to describe the dress she was wearing; it looked like a flamingo and peacock procreated! Good singing performance on her part; I'll give her credit.

I later briefly tuned in and saw a couple no-talent rap "artists ". No thanks. How do people stand to listen to that garbage? I wish I could sucker punch some of these rap performers. Was hoping to see Jack White but became preoccupied with other things and never tuned back in.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Fri Jun 07, 2024 8:50 am

Pocketchange wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2024 8:23 am
moldyoldie wrote:
Jack White's and Eminem's performances were both marred by audio cutting in and out. I was wondering if the problem was on their end or with my wi-fi/cable. Did anyone else experience this?
I think it might have been related to F bombs. A few came in at the start of Eminem performance and then the audio drops were happening more frequently when I would expect them or other no no words based on the typical lyrics.
I thought of that, but with Eminem being executive producer of the whole enchilada, one would think he'd know better. I think Riggs above may be right about the modulation limiters. I was swearing at my TV! :evil:

MWmetalhead wrote:The video quality during the music portion of the telecast was excellent.
The production was by Jesse Collins Entertainment, and apparently was the same as was streamed on Peacock as asked above by Mr. Wellington. Did anyone here watch it on Peacock? Were there the same audio issues?
"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jun 07, 2024 10:53 am

I just read Jack White played for all of ten minutes. What a joke.

I suppose the set lengths were more akin to an awards show than a traditional concert.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Fri Jun 07, 2024 11:51 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2024 10:53 am
I just read Jack White played for all of ten minutes. What a joke.

I suppose the set lengths were more akin to an awards show than a traditional concert.
There were several acts and set changes, including accommodating the Detroit Symphony with Eminem, as well as opening and closing hosted interview programs and commercial breaks -- all to end at 11:00pm for the news.
- Sydney J. Harris

radiofann

Post by radiofann » Fri Jun 07, 2024 5:11 pm

I thought jack white was done with Detroit, he seemed pretty disgusted in 2005 when he sold his home and moved to Nashville.

Seems it’s safe to comeback to something cool (the train station) that he himself didn’t help build.

Whatever

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jun 07, 2024 7:00 pm

I had forgotten about that! You are absolutely right.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ocregi ... troit/amp/

radiofann

Post by radiofann » Fri Jun 07, 2024 9:07 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2024 7:00 pm
I had forgotten about that! You are absolutely right.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ocregi ... troit/amp/
I remember some really obscure stuff…. It’s dangerous.

I remember Jack White had blue hair not too long ago. Wonder if willie Nelson had him on tour together….

Willies old song….. “Blue hair, cryin in the rain”….

I see Eminem also was at the Ford train station event last night. A white rapper ? What do you call a white rapper? A wrapper!

This is so bad. Back to my day job.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic