Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Weather Boys

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Daenerys

Re: Weather Boys

Post by Daenerys » Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:37 pm

The demographic on this board is likely white men in their 50's, not the target audience for early morning news or the Nine. It isn't 1975 anymore. You can't just read the news and weather and give sports scores. The young people want to be entertained. They want fun, they want to connect personally with the on air talent. The elderly folks love the silly stuff and want to hear about their kids and families. My mom talks about Amy, Deena, Alan and company like they're her family. Deena's son is starting college this fall. Amy' went to see her Dad in Florida. Stuff like that. She couldn't care less about the celebrities on Live. Those are her people. They'll get off your lawn now.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:48 pm

Daenerys wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:37 pm
The demographic on this board is likely white men in their 50's, not the target audience for early morning news or the Nine. It isn't 1975 anymore. You can't just read the news and weather and give sports scores. The young people want to be entertained. They want fun, they want to connect personally with the on air talent. The elderly folks love the silly stuff and want to hear about their kids and families. My mom talks about Amy, Deena, Alan and company like they're her family. Deena's son is starting college this fall. Amy' went to see her Dad in Florida. Stuff like that. She couldn't care less about the celebrities on Live. Those are her people. They'll get off your lawn now.
So if the entire industry went straight news ala 1975 nobody would watch anymore and be perfectly happy going newsless because it isn’t entertaining? Let’s say folks take over media who think news isn’t supposed to be “fun”.

Daenerys

Post by Daenerys » Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:09 am

Um, yeah, pretty much. It's already happened. How many people under 40 watch the evening or morning news on a regular basis? I don't know of any. They get their news from social media. Same with reading a newspaper. Does it suck? Absolutely, but look around. Things have changed.

deadend

Post by deadend » Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:32 pm

I beg to differ.

I’m under 40 and watch the news.

And I don’t want to see Derek Kreepvra and Alan ShlongStreet or anyone for that matter being all lovey dovey with each other and running around without shirts on hugging each other during a news and Information program.

I don’t like Jason Carr but I never saw him and Taryn Asher hugging each other without shirts on like Allen ShlongStreet and Derek Kreepvra do.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:05 pm

Daenerys wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:09 am
Um, yeah, pretty much. It's already happened. How many people under 40 watch the evening or morning news on a regular basis? I don't know of any. They get their news from social media. Same with reading a newspaper. Does it suck? Absolutely, but look around. Things have changed.
I've been preaching this for a decade. Glad to see someone else reads the data.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:06 am

If you want to be an influencer. Go for it.

But if you want to work in the news, you should try to have some credibility. The Weather Boys have none.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:51 am

deadend wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:32 pm
I beg to differ.

I’m under 40 and watch the news.

And I don’t want to see Derek Kreepvra and Alan ShlongStreet or anyone for that matter being all lovey dovey with each other and running around without shirts on hugging each other during a news and Information program.

I don’t like Jason Carr but I never saw him and Taryn Asher hugging each other without shirts on like Allen ShlongStreet and Derek Kreepvra do.
I'd give her a pass if she was going to do that, but i'm 100% with you on the 'weather boys' take.

:rollin

Michiganviewer

Post by Michiganviewer » Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:22 pm

Daenerys wrote:
Please see my comment on the first page.
I am in the same age range as “The Weatherboys”

Daenerys

Post by Daenerys » Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:50 pm

Michiganviewer wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:22 pm
Daenerys wrote:
So what? I'm female and am an obsessive sports fan. Does 97.1 or Bally Sports cater to me? Of course they don't. They focus on the majority. That's common sense and how it works. I don't complain about it. If you don't like it, don't watch it. If the women and the old folks don't like it and tune out, that'll change.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:36 pm

Many people are already tuning out due to this crap. The problem is some of these people don't care that their antics are driving away news viewers.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:51 am

sinklair wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:36 pm
Many people are already tuning out due to this crap. The problem is some of these people don't care that their antics are driving away news viewers.
I saw it for the first time this morning. If you spend too much time watching it, your brain cells will start to die, which means that you will be much more likely to watch it in the future.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:54 am

Daenerys wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:50 pm
Michiganviewer wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:22 pm
Daenerys wrote:
So what? I'm female and am an obsessive sports fan. Does 97.1 or Bally Sports cater to me? Of course they don't. They focus on the majority. That's common sense and how it works. I don't complain about it. If you don't like it, don't watch it. If the women and the old folks don't like it and tune out, that'll change.
I sometimes wonder about the target audience for 97.1. Yesterday I tuned in and they were talking about Canadian bacon. Today I turned in and they were talking about tater tots. Both times were around 8:30 a.m.—does this happen every morning at this time?

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:19 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:54 am
I sometimes wonder about the target audience for 97.1. Yesterday I tuned in and they were talking about Canadian bacon. Today I turned in and they were talking about tater tots. Both times were around 8:30 a.m.—does this happen every morning at this time?
Yes it is like that up until Valenti comes on. It's been posted here before that non-sports chatter is by design. They're doing what the program director wants. I dunno.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:28 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:51 am
I saw it for the first time this morning. If you spend too much time watching it, your brain cells will start to die, which means that you will be much more likely to watch it in the future.
What surprises me is how long this was on during morning drive time. Not only weather boy antics. They'll show a 10 minute chunk of last night's Let-R-Rip at 8am. Or 10 minutes of Health Works at 7:30.

I dunno about anyone else. But my #1 interest at that time of the morning is weather and traffic.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

RayQix

Post by RayQix » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:23 am

Content moderated by the weather boys there?

Maybe that’s why it made the cut to go to air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic