Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WJR, boring programming

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Colonel Flagg

WJR, boring programming

Post by Colonel Flagg » Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:30 pm

I'm not feeling well, and too tired to get out of my chair to change the station, so I'm torturing myself listening to the god awful MSU Today program on WJR. Man alive, I've heard vitamin infomercials that were more interesting than this mindless drivel. They're talking about the MSU Debate Team. Whoop-dee-doo.

Mr. Positive would be better than this.

"Don't you knock when you enter a room?"

whitebalance

Re: WJR, boring programming

Post by whitebalance » Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:42 pm

I'm surprised more hospice care facilities and funeral homes don't advertise on WJR. It's their demo.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:51 pm

whitebalance wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:42 pm
I'm surprised more hospice care facilities and funeral homes don't advertise on WJR. It's their demo.
True, but I don't know why they would care about the MSU Debate Team either. That was a full hour of that nonsense.

Realist

Post by Realist » Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:53 pm

The great voice of the Great Lakes 🙄🙄🙄

My how the mighty have fallen. 50K watts of 💩💩💩

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Sat Dec 09, 2023 2:30 pm

WSPD in Toledo is pretty boring on weekends unless if the Rockets or Guardians are playing. Lots of Purity Products infomercials, and niche talk shows.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:39 pm

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:30 pm
I'm not feeling well, and too tired to get out of my chair to change the station, so I'm torturing myself listening to the god awful MSU Today program on WJR. Man alive, I've heard vitamin infomercials that were more interesting than this mindless drivel. They're talking about the MSU Debate Team. Whoop-dee-doo.

I sometimes make fun of unscopecheck for putting the paddles to the Drew and Mike thread when it's been idle for a bit.
(It's been about a month, just about time for him to revive it just to let us know he don't care for it).

I'm starting to notice the same thing about you and WJR.
When talk of the Golden Tower of the Fisher Building drops off for a couple weeks, you seem to do the same.
Start another thread extolling on how you don't care for the station.

Yeah, you'll get a couple of responses. And then just like the thread about the Beavis and Butthead Basement podcast, the comments will taper off until you start another thread reproving the station.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:59 pm

Round Six wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:39 pm
Colonel Flagg wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:30 pm

I sometimes make fun of unscopecheck for putting the paddles to the Drew and Mike thread when it's been idle for a bit.
(It's been about a month, just about time for him to revive it just to let us know he don't care for it).

I'm starting to notice the same thing about you and WJR.
When talk of the Golden Tower of the Fisher Building drops off for a couple weeks, you seem to do the same.
Start another thread extolling on how you don't care for the station.

Yeah, you'll get a couple of responses. And then just like the thread about the Beavis and Butthead Basement podcast, the comments will taper off until you start another thread reproving the station.
You may be right.

As someone who worked there many years ago, it's unbelievable to hear what passes for "acceptable" at Cumulus. But I see your point. It's almost like saying, why bring it up?

Deleted User 16093

Post by Deleted User 16093 » Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:15 pm

whitebalance wrote:
That is the demo. Along with Geritol complete, hemorrhoid surgery done dirt cheap, and Adjustable toilets seats! :D

" Something Something Woke or go broke"

" Blah Blah Lets go Brandon"

" Yada yada Transgender's are destroying the country"

" mumble Mumble lazy Millennials"

Now for our hourly Ronald Reagan quote!

Deleted User 16144

Post by Deleted User 16144 » Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:00 pm

I just wonder how long Cumulus will hang on to WJR before the for sale sign goes up on the front lawn. Both WDVD and WJR could possibly go for at least 13 million. Family Life paid 10 million for WDRQ.

BayCityJohn2337

Post by BayCityJohn2337 » Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:00 pm

Its never going to be like the days of J.P. McCarthy.

CurlyHoward

Post by CurlyHoward » Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:06 pm

Foamy wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:15 pm
whitebalance wrote:
That is the demo. Along with Geritol complete, hemorrhoid surgery done dirt cheap, and Adjustable toilets seats! :D

Granted, your posts are like that too.

*creates screen name #90125*

"WIOT sucks"

"WXKR sucks"

"WRQN sucks"

"this is why Toledo should get Active Rock and why the format won't fall on its face THIS time, or at least get slightly better ratings than the last version of The Zone"

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:24 pm

CurlyHoward wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:06 pm
Foamy wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:15 pm
whitebalance wrote:

Granted, your posts are like that too.

*creates screen name #90125*

"WIOT sucks"

"WXKR sucks"

"WRQN sucks"

"this is why Toledo should get Active Rock and why the format won't fall on its face THIS time, or at least get slightly better ratings than the last version of The Zone"
Not to mention, his 37 buzzboard names, that we all know are him anyway. :smokin

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:27 pm

Caliber wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:00 pm
I just wonder how long Cumulus will hang on to WJR before the for sale sign goes up on the front lawn. Both WDVD and WJR could possibly go for at least 13 million. Family Life paid 10 million for WDRQ.
I think the sign has been up for awhile. They sold WABC.

Deleted User 16144

Post by Deleted User 16144 » Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:39 pm

That's true Colonel, how long has it been since 77 WABC has been sold? I recently had listened to Bruce Morrow and Tony Orlando's Saturday Night Music Programs a few weeks ago.

edj

Post by edj » Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:53 pm

radioandtventhusiast wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 2:30 pm
WSPD in Toledo is pretty boring on weekends unless if the Rockets or Guardians are playing. Lots of Purity Products infomercials, and niche talk shows.
Bill Handel's show is entertaining. I don't mind if Walleye or Mud Hens end up on Speedy. Other than that, 100% agree.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic