Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Really MeTV???

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
SolarMax

Re: Really MeTV???

Post by SolarMax » Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:21 pm

Unlike the multiple fiascos a couple of months ago, MeTV (via WDIV 4.3) seems to so far be mostly successful at carrying the Local4 non-football early evening program block(NBC Nightly, Wheel, Jeopardy), a true service for those wanting no part of MSU Football on NBC. There was one ominous cutaway from Lester Holt to Hawkeye and BJ on Mash, but only for a few seconds. So far so good. Hope they have managed to conquer the art of playlist management and do this right, this time.
The xfinity EPG of course shows the MeTV program schedule, not tonight's preemptions.

Deleted User 16144

Post by Deleted User 16144 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:34 am

Steve B wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:40 am
Just buy the series DVD set. All 635 episodes for $173.41 on Amazon. A lot better quality than MeTV.
And if you call before midnight, we’ll send you a second set free, you just have to pay shipping and handling. Wait, that’s not all we’ll also send you the entire Bonanza series too. All this for just 173.41 plus shipping and handling. What a deal. For 6 easy payments of just $28.99 you can own the entire Gunsmoke and Bonanza collections with a second Gunsmoke collection to give to a friend. What a deal.

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:45 am

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:18 pm
SPOILER ALERT: Matt Dillon got his man.
Marshall Dillon was the Dodge City Terminator...
Who else in TV history killed more people than Marshall Matt Dillon? :rollin :lol

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:48 am

Bobbert wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 9:56 am
They did something similar on Wednesday night, when a Saturday Night Live Thanksgiving special pre-empted Beverly Hillbillies, Green Acres, and Hogan's Heroes.
How "Green Acres" and "The Beverly Hillbillies" were so successful astounds me....
And "Hogan's Heroes"...quite possibly the only media platform that made The Nazi's almost human from the comedic standpoint...

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:51 am

Honeyman wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:58 am
Am I the only one feeling deeply sorry for lido watching Gunsmoke reruns on Thanksgiving Day? I picture him alone, in front of his 27" Zenith tube TV eating a Swanson turkey dinner, drinking a Stroh's and rooting for Marshall Dillon to get a posse together.
Easy there Honeyman....
Mom passed in 2007, Dad has his 3rd wife and lives in Florida...
I went to my cousin's Thanksgiving Day dinner , she likes everyone to show up after 4pm...
It was a very relaxing, peaceful day with good food and the usual chat and remembering the past holidays and those no longer with us...

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:54 am

Bobbert wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:41 pm
A good alternative to the Lions yesterday was the Dean Martin Roast marathon on Catchy Comedy.

One of the funniest parts of those shows was the Chicken Little disclaimer before each show, about outdated cultural humor and the need for viewer discretion. Don't they understand that's one of the main reasons why people watch that show? :blink
Those past Dean Martin Roasts were just plain Hilarious!!
Don Rickles was at his zenith in these roasts...
No one played a better drunk than Foster Brooks...
No one played a better real live on the air drunk than Dean Martin...lol

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:13 am

lidoshuffle wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:51 am
Honeyman wrote:
Am I the only one feeling deeply sorry for lido watching Gunsmoke reruns on Thanksgiving Day? I picture him alone, in front of his 27" Zenith tube TV eating a Swanson turkey dinner, drinking a Stroh's and rooting for Marshall Dillon to get a posse together.
Easy there Honeyman....
I went to my cousin's Thanksgiving Day dinner , she likes everyone to show up after 4pm...
It was a very relaxing, peaceful day with good food and the usual chat and remembering the past holidays and those no longer with us...
Sorry, man. I really didn't intend for the comment to sound mean, but can see why it was taken that way. My bad.
The censorship king from out of state.

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:45 am

Honeyman wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:13 am
lidoshuffle wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
Easy there Honeyman....
Sorry, man. I really didn't intend for the comment to sound mean, but can see why it was taken that way. My bad.
Not offended at all, just stating what I did, and if I was to be alone on Thanksgiving, I would sit in front of my HD 55' Samsung Smart TV, Stouffers TV style dinner and a Blue Moon Wheat Ale.... :lol

radiofann

Post by radiofann » Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:58 am

lidoshuffle wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:54 am
Bobbert wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:41 pm
A good alternative to the Lions yesterday was the Dean Martin Roast marathon on Catchy Comedy.

One of the funniest parts of those shows was the Chicken Little disclaimer before each show, about outdated cultural humor and the need for viewer discretion. Don't they understand that's one of the main reasons why people watch that show? :blink
Peter Falk, “in character” as Lt. Columbo , gave a hilarious roast to Frank Sinatra, Sinatra didn’t know what the hell to do.
Classic 70s TV

Deleted User 16144

Post by Deleted User 16144 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:47 am

lidoshuffle wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:45 am
Honeyman wrote:
lidoshuffle wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
Easy there Honeyman....
Not offended at all, just stating what I did, and if I was to be alone on Thanksgiving, I would sit in front of my HD 55' Samsung Smart TV, Stouffers TV style dinner and a Blue Moon Wheat Ale.... :lol
I have a Samsung as well. I like the Samsung internet TV feature, I don’t need an additional device to get the internet channels. The same on my Samsung smartphone actually the same channel lineup.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Nov 25, 2023 12:10 pm

Caliber wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:47 am
lidoshuffle wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
lidoshuffle wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
Easy there Honeyman....
I have a Samsung as well. I like the Samsung internet TV feature, I don’t need an additional device to get the internet channels. The same on my Samsung smartphone actually the same channel lineup.
I have a Sony Bravia as my main TV, but an old Samsung....at least 10 years old..in my den. That picture still looks fantastic.
The censorship king from out of state.

Deleted User 16144

Post by Deleted User 16144 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 12:31 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 12:10 pm
Caliber wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:47 am
lidoshuffle wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
lidoshuffle wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
Easy there Honeyman....
I have a Sony Bravia as my main TV, but an old Samsung....at least 10 years old..in my den. That picture still looks fantastic.
I have 300+ channels on the Samsung TV Plus feature it’s actually great, no need for Roku or Amazon devices. With the antenna on the rooftop, I capture at over 75 over the air channels. That’s all the sub channels of course.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:49 pm

[quote=Bobbert post_id=765974 time=1700847699 user_id=14816]

[/quote]

That is because Dean Martin WAS drunk when some of the shows were filmed.

Trophyhead

Post by Trophyhead » Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:50 am

MeTV dumped out of M*A*S*H Friday night for Lester Holt's NBC Nightly News, Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy. As west side visitors, my wife was boggled and asked me what I did. The easy response was, the same as I have done most of the weekend. Sat there, beyond serving as suburban errand boy! We get no pre-empting of the Weigl Channel in greater Grand Rapids, just spotty reception on occasion.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:04 am

lidoshuffle wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:45 am
Honeyman wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:18 pm
SPOILER ALERT: Matt Dillon got his man.
Marshall Dillon was the Dodge City Terminator...
Who else in TV history killed more people than Marshall Matt Dillon? :rollin :lol
Have you ever watched Highway Patrol? I think Broderick Crawford must have gotten a percentage of the money saved on trials by his willingness to kill anyone who pulled a gun on him.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic