Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WPON's AA and Revolving Door Show

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
ItsJustCharlie

WPON's AA and Revolving Door Show

Post by ItsJustCharlie » Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:23 pm

Hi Everyone! This is Charlie from the AA and Revolving Door show. I just wanted to make a new thread for the show since we're now on 5 days a week. I know that WPON doesn't have the greatest signal strength out there (We're trying to see if we can fix that btw), but we still want to grow the show into something more. Me and the rest of the crew are insanely grateful for the audience we have cultivated so far, and we want to expand it. If you have criticisms, questions, or just random thoughts about the show please let us know!
Also, I have been reading the boards more often now. The amount of things in the Ron Cameron board honestly has me floored.

KeenerGold

Re: WPON's AA and Revolving Door Show

Post by KeenerGold » Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:32 pm

ItsJustCharlie wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:23 pm
I know that WPON doesn't have the greatest signal strength out there (We're trying to see if we can fix that btw)
A hopeless feat since 1988, when the old 1kW-D, .5kW-N DAN site in Bloomfield Hills was moved out to the swamp.

Deleted User 16144

Post by Deleted User 16144 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:32 pm

Is the programming being streamed and if so is there a website? Also, if WPON has a website do you have the web address? What type of show is this? I’ll hang up now and listen for your answers.

ItsJustCharlie

Post by ItsJustCharlie » Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:09 pm

Thank you so much for responding! You can listen to the show at http://www.wpon.com/
At Mondays from 4:30-6, Tuesdays-Thursdays 4-6, and Fridays 6-8 EST. Were a variety talk show with oldies mixed between!

Dan in Northville

Post by Dan in Northville » Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:51 pm

Well, I just logged on to listen to what it was about. Still not sure just what the hell this is supposed to be. The one guy mentioned that he's never seen It's a Wonderful Life. Then he says he's never seen Breaking Bad. Makes high school radio shows sound good.

Good luck with the show, but I've heard enough.

Deleted User 16144

Post by Deleted User 16144 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:24 pm

First off Good Luck in your venture. I’m sorry but speed metal is not my gig. You had lost me after 5 minutes of listening. I was under the impression that this was an Oldies based program. I don’t know what audience that you’re trying to target. Definitely, not the Oldies demographic. I hope the owner isn’t taking advantage of you and your fellow radio associates involved with your project and charging $200. per hour for air time especially during afternoon drive time. Again, Good Luck.

ItsJustCharlie

Post by ItsJustCharlie » Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:38 pm

Thanks y’all listening! We know our show ain’t perfect, and thanks for pointing out what y’all think. We want to make the best show possible, and we can’t do that without listeners.

Deleted User 16144

Post by Deleted User 16144 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:44 pm

How long have you been on WPON? And are you selling commercials to get a revenue stream going? You need to raise money for the airtime. I know that it has to be costing at least $200 per hour in drive time, even on WPON.

ItsJustCharlie

Post by ItsJustCharlie » Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:51 pm

We know, it kind of started out as a pet project we had but as it continued we realized we could make it into something more if we really tried. We have some ads, but again, it’s a bit slow going due to the nature of our station and us figuring out what our show is from a tonal level.

Deleted User 16144

Post by Deleted User 16144 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:58 pm

First off, what is the age group of your associates involved in this project?

ItsJustCharlie

Post by ItsJustCharlie » Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:01 pm

Like young adults

Deleted User 16144

Post by Deleted User 16144 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:07 pm

What kind of music does the majority of your group like? Consider the fact that you’re on the air 5 times a week you can be versatile.

ItsJustCharlie

Post by ItsJustCharlie » Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:17 pm

We have a variety of music we listen to, and we are talking of making themed days so our audience isn’t caught off guard by anything crazy

Deleted User 16144

Post by Deleted User 16144 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:26 pm

Good move. At any rate Good Luck in your venture. One thing that I would do is to be rid of WPON and go to the internet platform. Check out www.live365.com or even consider podcasting. For what you’re paying for WPON you could be better off with an internet radio station. WPON has to be costly. I know royalty fees are a thing on internet radio but not as much as you’re paying to WPON. The signal on that station is not worth what you’re paying to the owner.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:18 pm

Dan in Northville wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:51 pm
Good luck with the show, but I've heard enough.
Seems to be alright to me. Myself, I like different flavors of tunes and talk. Even if it's something I'm not acclimated to.
Last edited by Round Six on Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic