Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Donna Smilovitz, Bernie's wife, has passed away

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
SolidGoldDancers

Re: Donna Smilovitz, Bernie's wife, has passed away

Post by SolidGoldDancers » Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:14 pm

sirrealone wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:59 am
He's a columnist, not a reporter. His personal voice being inserted into the article is exactly the difference between the two.
The dude is a gigantic a-hole. When I worked in TV, every interaction with him was painful because not only is there is never enough oxygen in the room for him and his ego, but his behavior and demeanor was immature, petty, mean and often unreasonable. I just don't know how he sees himself as able to talk down to people from five-foot nothing.

His personal voice in this context fits his ego perfectly because he could have left out "...on what it's like to be well-known" with absolutely zero change in the article and emotion. In fact, he could have stopped right after "My wife and I adored her".

Zero self-awareness from a hack of a writer.

RayQix

Post by RayQix » Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:25 pm

Regardless ….. Bernie is one of our Tv family and our condolences go to him and his family at this time (it never gets easier—- ever)

Bernie if you see this ….. you are one of our beloved Detroit people and we feel your pain…. Best we can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

unscopedaircheck

Post by unscopedaircheck » Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:29 pm

Way to be timely
RayQix wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:25 pm
Regardless ….. Bernie is one of our Tv family and our condolences go to him and his family at this time (it never gets easier—- ever)

Bernie if you see this ….. you are one of our beloved Detroit people and we feel your pain…. Best we can.

RayQix

Post by RayQix » Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:17 am

Better to have said something — even late, than not at all.

unscopedaircheck

Post by unscopedaircheck » Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:43 am

On a related note, I'd like to express my condolences to JP McCarthy's family. RIP.

Daenerys

Post by Daenerys » Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:51 am

unscopedaircheck wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:56 pm
Of course Mitchell Baum makes it about himself
Does it again in the Bobby Knight column. He was nice to him when he was writing his book about Bo. What sports column obituary would be complete without invoking the plight of the Haitian children? He's insufferable.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic