Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ya think 7's newscast ratings performance is bad?

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Ya think 7's newscast ratings performance is bad?

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:01 am

This article is a bit stale, but I never thought I'd see the day that WCPO in Cincinnati is dead last in the money demo in most newscast dayparts:

https://www.wvxu.org/media/2021-04-02/w ... -m-ratings

The recovery of WLWT channel 5, which was a news powerhouse in the market until the early or mid 90s and featured Jerry Springer as an anchor for a number of years, is pretty impressive.

Fox 19's performance in mornings and late afternoons is particularly impressive.

Why do so many Scripps owned stations have such lousy ratings for local news? WMAR in Baltimore and WRTV in Indianapolis take the cake for underachiever status.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

IIN4MU

Re: Ya think 7's newscast ratings performance is bad?

Post by IIN4MU » Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:55 am

In a more recent article, John chronicled the mass exodus of talent from the Cincinnati market. That makes me wonder how the ratings have changed.

On a larger scale, it seems that since the pandemic, local stations and their owners have essentially stopped publishing local news ratings during sweeps months online, in press releases, etc. It makes it frustrating to track who stands where in any given city.

edj

Re: Ya think 7's newscast ratings performance is bad?

Post by edj » Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:08 am

WMAR has almost always been a joke since at least the 60s. Look at the old clips on YouTube.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic