Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

CBS News Detroit

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

CBS News Detroit

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:26 am

Is the "On Your Block, Around the Clock" station - a false slogan if I've ever heard one - ever going to add Saturday and Sunday newscasts?

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Round Six

Re: CBS News Detroit

Post by Round Six » Sun Sep 03, 2023 1:12 pm

Not including those here on Buzzboard, I ponder how many Metro Detroiters have a burning desire to see the news on the weekend? Few care about traffic reports. Most already scoped out the weekend forecast on Friday.

And like others have said here before, what is 2, 4 & 7 on the weekend other than features? Cooking segments, a dog that can skateboard and "Live from the Yale Bologna Festival .... "
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

New2You

Post by New2You » Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:17 am

To be frank, weekend newscasts do not seem to be as important as they were long in the past.
CBS was the first to break the story about the air show plane crash without a newscast.
Would it add more revenue? I would assume so but there is a question of paying more staff. I wonder if they are pulling enough money in during the week not to need the excess shows that weekends seem to be in this age.

dial-it-in

Post by dial-it-in » Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:23 am

Almost as bad as "A New Generation of Classic Rock".

SD45

Post by SD45 » Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:39 am

It's football season. CBS has the Michigan game Saturday at 3:30, and NFL games on Sundays.

Football is why I watch CBS.

Michiganviewer

Post by Michiganviewer » Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:32 am

I dumped CBS News Detroit as they were re-airing the same stories as Fox2 that I already saw.

CBS Detroit failed big time as they are not airing stories like how facebook group Macomb county Scanners gives the news that is happening on our block.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:53 am

Michiganviewer wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:32 am
I dumped CBS News Detroit as they were re-airing the same stories as Fox2 that I already saw.

CBS Detroit failed big time as they are not airing stories like how facebook group Macomb county Scanners gives the news that is happening on our block.
Bits and pieces I heard on the police scanner… your trusted source for information in your neighborhood… on your block around the clock.

paul8539

Re: CBS News Detroix has said, I

Post by paul8539 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:51 pm

Contrary to what Round Six has said, I listen to the traffic reports and weather forecasts on weekends. I do some weekend travelling, so I am looking for that information, as accurate and up to date as possible.

Round Six

Re: CBS News Detroix has said, I

Post by Round Six » Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:11 pm

paul8539 wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:51 pm
Contrary to what Round Six has said, I listen to the traffic reports and weather forecasts on weekends. I do some weekend travelling, so I am looking for that information, as accurate and up to date as possible.
And what's the first thing I said:
"Not including those here on Buzzboard".
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

SD45

Post by SD45 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:15 pm

Police scanners are great if you want to hear about fender benders and EMS calls.

They are pretty useless if you live in Oakland County - they use an encrypted system.

That Macomb scanner page on Facebook isn't anything special either. They posted on the new go kart track at CJ Barrymore's. Breaking news indeed....

FredLeonard

Post by FredLeonard » Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:52 pm

This is the 21st century. Get traffic alerts on your cell phone. You don't have to wait for traffic on the whatever. You don't have to waste your time with backups someplace else. The phone knows where you are and you can tell if where you are going. It tells you what's relevant. Same thing for weather. Broadcasting is obsolete.

RedfordRob

Post by RedfordRob » Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:06 pm

FredLeonard wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:52 pm
This is the 21st century. Get traffic alerts on your cell phone. You don't have to wait for traffic on the whatever. You don't have to waste your time with backups someplace else. The phone knows where you are and you can tell if where you are going. It tells you what's relevant. Same thing for weather. Broadcasting is obsolete.
If you lose your phone or left it at your girlfriends? Relying on your phone for everything is foolish. Broadcasting will never be obsolete.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Sep 17, 2023 7:35 pm

RedfordRob wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:06 pm
FredLeonard wrote:
If you lose your phone or left it at your girlfriends? Relying on your phone for everything is foolish. Broadcasting will never be obsolete.
It's Michigan. Just assume there's traffic. Even Google Maps was like "Fuck it. You're on your own, bro".
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

organman95

Post by organman95 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:12 am

FredLeonard wrote:
Not quite. It's already been proven how important broadcast TV is when cell towers fail and/or there are carry disputes with cable companies and being dropped.

OTA isn't going away.

FredLeonard

Post by FredLeonard » Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:51 am

organman95 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:12 am

Not quite. It's already been proven how important broadcast TV is when cell towers fail and/or there are carry disputes with cable companies and being dropped.

OTA isn't going away.
It hasn't gone away yet and it won't go away suddenly, but it is going away. They can't stay in business waiting for cell phone towers to topple. Besides, weather can shut down TV, too.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic