Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The new 910AM News Talk Superstation

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Deleted User 16144

Re: The new 910AM News Talk Superstation

Post by Deleted User 16144 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:29 am

Tvguy wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:01 pm
Hi, Mr. Adell said the billboards are working great because you’re talking about them here. He bought 30 billboards around the state including the Traverse City area because Clay Buxton lives up there in the summer and does his show from there. He also bought spots on the Fox News channel through Comcast and other social media outlets.

Most important are the Nielsen numbers, In July 910AM had 2,100 listeners with the old format, in August (without out any advertising) 910AM had 6,700 listeners with the temporary sports format. Now around October 4th the numbers for September will be out with the new Conservative talk format and Mr. Adell wants me to post them here so you can see them first. Any guesses on what they will be?

You can also pickup 910AM on Satellite. It’s on Galaxy 32 transponder 19C 4066.5 MHz H 6.62Ms/S on a sub-channel of the Word Network. Along with that he has a surprise coming in October.
What was the surprise that was mentioned back in October or are we still waiting?

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:55 am

Cumulus was trying to get rid of all their Conservative Talk Show hosts, because their programming experts thought that was why WJR and WLS were going down in the ratings. They never dreamed that even this station would happen.
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:14 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:55 am
Cumulus was trying to get rid of all their Conservative Talk Show hosts, because their programming experts thought that was why WJR and WLS were going down in the ratings. They never dreamed that even this station would happen.
Mike Wheeler isn't exactly a visionary, is he?
"Don't you knock when you enter a room?"

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:34 pm

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:14 pm
Ben Zonia wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:55 am
Mike Wheeler isn't exactly a visionary, is he?
Cumulus also got rid of Michael DelGiorno at WWTN in Nashville earlier this year. He should have been syndicated nationally years ago. He's the son of Bob DelGiorno, known as Bob Dell at WTAC 600 and WOWO 1190, and then at WIND and then WWL for many years under his given surname. I think Cumulus was holding Michael back from syndication, because he told an inconvenient truth once too often. He's with WLAC now, and two other stations with iHeart syndication. I think he would be a good fit for WFDF, since WDFN seems committed to the Black Information Network. Michael's originally from Michigan, not New Orleans or Chicago like many believe.
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

windsorjoe

Post by windsorjoe » Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:26 pm

I’ve been trying to give Justin Barclay a shot. To be honest, hit or miss with some of the topics, but I’m still listening. Mix in the ABC news updates, midwesterner updates and fox sports, it hits all the points on being in the know.

Was surprised to hear h-u-g-e being interviewed today. Was a good chat about sports and politics.

edj

Post by edj » Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:19 pm

windsorjoe wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:26 pm
I’ve been trying to give Justin Barclay a shot. To be honest, hit or miss with some of the topics, but I’m still listening. Mix in the ABC news updates, midwesterner updates and fox sports, it hits all the points on being in the know.

Was surprised to hear h-u-g-e being interviewed today. Was a good chat about sports and politics.
I shut it off when he was on. Never liked him. His show is one long commercial.
I wish Barclay would talk more about local issues rather than state and national. Being in Grand Rapids, he doesn’t have the knowledge a local host should.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:40 pm

Are they going to have traffic and weather reports, like the other news and news/talk stations?

edj

Post by edj » Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:29 am

paul8539 wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:40 pm
Are they going to have traffic and weather reports, like the other news and news/talk stations?
They do on the half hour during the week, it’s outsourced. Veterans Heather Pascoe and Rick Schremp are two of the voices.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:12 am

They work in the same building in Grand Rapids. Perhaps an attempt to promote his show on WMAX-FM, whose ratings suck? (I am unsure of his daypart specifically.)
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:33 pm

WMAX-FM uses a directional antenna to limit service overlap toward WHNN which was mutually agreed to at some point, probably in the 1980s. It was originally WHTC-FM, with an antenna in Holland. It was also allowed to move much closer to WZZM-FM/WLHT under another earlier version of Section 73.213. Theoretically, it puts a City Grade 70 dBu F(50,50) contour over nearly all of Grand Rapids. The measured ERP might be less, and the terrain near the Grand River may further shadow the signal. And the Eastern part of the market receives less signal than better centered stations in the market.

https://www.fccdata.org/?lang=en&facid= ... 3ebeb7&i=2

Further research shows that WMAX-FM and WHNN must have agreed to be 32000 watts toward each other. Unfortunately, these radials toward each other are toward the largest cities within their respective 70 dBu contours. WHNN reportedly redesigned their DA at one point because of the signal toward Saginaw was less than expected.

-Author Unknown

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:23 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:02 pm
Handel on the Law is terrific. I completely agree.

1160 carried him for a brief time, but their horrendous audio issues made his very good program unlistenable most of the time.

Some of the Sunday programming is from Red Apple Media (flagship station being WABC).

I'm happy to see Gary Sullivan on the Saturday schedule.

I wonder who will replace Wallbanger (Hannity) on WDTK?

As for AQH share predictions - I'll predict a 0.6 share by February. Not good yet much better than the old format. Sadly, that would easily be good enough for third place among the AM stations in the Detroit market.
Bumping my earlier post from September 1, 2023 for ratings prediction scorecard purposes. :)
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

SpartanAM

Post by SpartanAM » Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:22 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:02 pm
Handel on the Law is terrific. I completely agree.

Unfortunately, he seems to have been taken off the schedule sometime recently, and replaced by Tony Katz. https://www.910amsuperstation.com/schedule
To the hostile invading aliens hovering just beyond Earth's atmosphere, “Eat the Canadians first!”

-R.I.P. Ian Punnett

edj

Post by edj » Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:59 pm

Handel never aired on 910, to my knowledge.

Tvguy

Post by Tvguy » Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:59 pm

Justin Barclay scored an interview with President Donald J. Trump LIVE Tuesday morning 02/27/2024 at 8:30AM

Tvguy

Post by Tvguy » Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:36 pm

About 90 minutes after polls opened this morning for the presidential primary in much of Michigan, the Republican frontrunner Donald Trump appeared on a WFDF 910AM Superstation radio show hosted by conservative commentator Justin Barclay

[https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 756394007/]

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic