Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

A weird thing is occurring on my car's HD radio display...

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

A weird thing is occurring on my car's HD radio display...

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Jul 25, 2023 9:07 pm

Some cars equipped with HD Radio display album cover art and station logos when tuned to a station that uses HD Radio technology.

In my old car, analog FM sounded better than HD. In my current car, analog FM sounds a bit muddy and HD sounds quite good (albeit only modestly better than analog FM in my old car).

Here's the odd thing that's happened ever since I got my current car: whenever I'm tuned to 97.9 WJLB, instead of seeing *their* logo on my infotainment touch screen, I instead see the crappy outdated looking logo of WGRD in Grand Rapids! This happens every...single...time.

I'm curious if this happens to anyone else in Metro Detroit?

I've never had this issue occur on any other frequency. When tuned to 98.7 in SE Michigan, I correctly see the Alt 98.7 logo, and when tuned to 98.7 in West Michigan, I correctly see the 98.7 FGR logo.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

radioandtventhusiast

Re: A weird thing is occurring on my car's HD radio display...

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Tue Jul 25, 2023 9:52 pm

That's very odd, especially since they're owned by two different companies!

jaywmi

Post by jaywmi » Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:47 am

If you've ever actually tuned into WGRD/Grand Rapids, there's a strong chance that the icon is cached in the radio's memory, and WJLB has no logo being sent, so it just defaults to that cached icon.

You would likely need to check with your dealer, or do some online searching, and see if there are any updates to your headend firmware, since it may be a bug. If you find the firmware online, you should be able to load it to a flash drive and update your own radio.
MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 9:07 pm
Some cars equipped with HD Radio display album cover art and station logos when tuned to a station that uses HD Radio technology.

In my old car, analog FM sounded better than HD. In my current car, analog FM sounds a bit muddy and HD sounds quite good (albeit only modestly better than analog FM in my old car).

Here's the odd thing that's happened ever since I got my current car: whenever I'm tuned to 97.9 WJLB, instead of seeing *their* logo on my infotainment touch screen, I instead see the crappy outdated looking logo of WGRD in Grand Rapids! This happens every...single...time.

I've never had this issue occur on any other frequency. When tuned to 98.7 in SE Michigan, I correctly see the Alt 98.7 logo, and when tuned to 98.7 in West Michigan, I correctly see the 98.7 FGR logo.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:29 am

MWmetalhead wrote:

I’ll see that and raise you my radio today on the bus showing 950 on the display and blasting out WJR. All I wanted is traffic and I got Hunter Biden talk instead.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Thu Jul 27, 2023 5:20 am

Rate This wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:29 am
MWmetalhead wrote:

I’ll see that and raise you my radio today on the bus showing 950 on the display and blasting out WJR. All I wanted is traffic and I got Hunter Biden talk instead.
"Slow down on 96 west at 275 because HUNTER BIDEN and the DEMOCRATS are holding up traffic looking for crack. Minor accident ok 94 at 12 mile because HUNTER BIDEN was looking at his laptop. More traffic in 10 minutes on WJR"
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:43 am

MW,

That used to happen in my Toyota. The radio doesn't let go of the previous station branding on that freq.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

SolarMax

Post by SolarMax » Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:53 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 5:20 am

"Slow down on 96 west at 275 because HUNTER BIDEN and the DEMOCRATS are holding up traffic looking for crack. Minor accident ok 94 at 12 mile because HUNTER BIDEN was looking at his laptop. More traffic in 10 minutes on WJR"
:rollin
"and Killary's EMAILS are causing response time slowdowns!"

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Thu Jul 27, 2023 5:59 pm

SolarMax wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:53 am
Mega Hertz wrote:

Construction slowdowns on all major freeways thanks to WHITLESS WHITMER who should have been locked up. There were no major slowdowns when PRESIDENT TRUMP was in office.
-TurkeyTop

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jul 27, 2023 6:37 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 5:59 pm
SolarMax wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:

Construction slowdowns on all major freeways thanks to WHITLESS WHITMER who should have been locked up. There were no major slowdowns when PRESIDENT TRUMP was in office.
Don’t forget about dodging all the potholes because she won’t FIX THE DAMN ROADS!

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:01 pm

Rate This wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 6:37 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
SolarMax wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:

Don’t forget about dodging all the potholes because she won’t FIX THE DAMN ROADS!
Or...wait...no...it's because she IS FIXING THE DAMN ROADS....error...error....error.......error..........

*scene from Scanners plays*
-TurkeyTop

RayQix

Post by RayQix » Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:55 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 6:37 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
SolarMax wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:

Or...wait...no...it's because she IS FIXING THE DAMN ROADS....error...error....error.......error..........

*scene from Scanners plays*
They’re trying to fix all the roads….. all at once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tivoking

Post by tivoking » Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:51 am

Just be happy that you have HD radio. :lol Not many vehicles come with it anymore.

RayQix

Post by RayQix » Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:55 am

I’m happy I have it….. just not sure where all the content disappeared to :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic